Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andorra Pas de la Casa at Christmas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there
It's been quite a few years since I last went skiing and now I want to take my 9year old son...(on a budget) over the Christmas period.
We are looking at Pas de la Casa in Andorra, a place I have not been to before, hence the question...
Generally.... is there usually snow there at Christmas?
I was looking at Bulgaria but again its the guarantee of snow...?

If anyone has any experience in Pas de la Casa please let me know. We don't want a huge resort with lots of activities & various runs, just the basic nursery slopes with one or two blue & red runs.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can't speak for Pas de la Casa, but Soldeu (which is also part of the same ski area as Pas de la Casa - the Grandvalira ski area) is very good for beginers - nice nursery slopes, and lots of easy, cruisy blues.. meaning by the end of your first week you'll be skiing from the top of the mountain back to the resort on easy blues. It also has a first class, English speaking ski school (full of British instructors) - which can make a huge difference if it's your son's first time.

As for snow at Christmas - it's impossible to predict the weather, and sometimes the Pyrennes gets its best snow later in the season. However, the area has some of the best snow making facilities around - covering over 60% of the ski area (over 1,000 snow cannons) - so if it is a bad snow year then you'll be fine, and you'll still get plenty of skiing in. It generally has a very good snow record anyway.

I'd definitely recommend Andorra (and Soldeu in particular) for first timers.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Handy Turnip

Why thank you so much I really do appreciate it!
Of course naturally one cannot ever predict if there will be a good dump of fresh powder but as it is an area I know nothing about your advise has just persuaded me to go, especially if there are snow cannons!

I used to live in Bardonecchia many years ago and it was always touch & go around Christmas.

shall be getting hubby to book now Smile
happy days X
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No worries at all - like I mentioned, I'd go for Soldeu over Pas de la Casa if you can, as it's also a bit more family friendly than Pas de la Casa which is a bit more of a party town. Plus I think the slopes are probably a bit more beginner orientated in Soldeu.

But either way, Grandvalira is a fantastic area and perfect for the first timer (the blues in Andorra are typically slightly easier than the blues in France, in my experience).

Good luck - and don't forget to let us know how you get on.

PS.... Welcome to snowheads by the way!!! Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Agree with the above. Have been to both and Pas de la Casa is very 'party' based! I did read they were planning to 'clean' it up? Not been for a few years but it was pretty wild on a night last time we went. That's why we went but I wouldn't have taken a family.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy