Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic Winter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Atomic Winter at amazon, great ski suspense novel? Opinions.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Two one-star reviews?

I don't think I'll be bothering then...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Noaidi, It is unusual for people to want to pubicise just how bad they are at something - I just hope that you have another career!

Would I be correct in assuming that the two reviews were written by family members as they seem remarkably friendly ...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B006AV1VAQ/ref=acr_search_see_all?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&tag=amz07b-21

Quote:
Almost not worth reading, even when nothing else to read. Make up your own story instead. Honestly, don't bother. Play cards.

Quote:
This short book is really odd. Nazis and a magical blue figure and seemingly endless downhill slopes? So much unexplained and so many loose ends. Overall, not good.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Ray Zorro, you'd think he'd at least have got the link correct rolling eyes
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh, that really is comedy gold. I've just read the first few pages and it is deliciously bad.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@foxtrotzulu, quotes please, i'd rather not taint my Amazon profile...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just use another browser, or surf there incognito.

I only managed the 1st page. I suspect these posters are correct.

Perhaps we're not the target demographic. If you're after snow and Nazis then the non-fictional stuff on the Norwegian heavy water raids has some ripping yarns in it.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Richard_Sideways wrote:
@foxtrotzulu, quotes please, i'd rather not taint my Amazon profile...
I can't cut and paste and I'm afraid life is too short to type it all out again.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ok - is it better or worse than the old "50 Shades of Ski" thread?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The US site gives the book better reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Atomic-Winter-Travis-Godbold-ebook/dp/B006AV1VAQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436545907&sr=8-1&keywords=atomic+winter&tag=amz07b-21

Inventive hallucinogen adventure
By Martin Hensel on April 23, 2014
Format: Kindle Edition Verified Purchase
Morality play set in brutal German WWII occupation of Norway. Exciting Nordic ski chases mix with Lapp culture, reindeer herds, shaman Christianity and British secret operations.

A thrilling adventure
ByKelden Witton March 9, 2015
Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase
Short, like if you work on a crew away from civilization is how this book reads. I looked away and missed a paragraph or two.

great story if you like suspense
ByMatthew Terwilligeron August 22, 2014
Short read but, great story if you like suspense...I enjoyed the chase... Buy and you will not be disappointed

Atomic Winter
ByKindle Customeron September 21, 2012
Great book kept me reading until I was finished only complaint it ended to soon would highly recommend for anyone again with an open mind
Thanks

Historically accurate
Byeducation junkieon October 2, 2010
In winter of 1943, WWII Nazi occupied Norway two very unlikely characters become integral parts of Allied resistance. Erik and Samuel are drunken vagabonds who have skirted the edges of the War, without truly getting personally involved, until they find themselves land bound and the only ones left to complete an Allied mission. They go from one snare to another until being rescued by a Shaman and becoming a part of the resistance. Mr Godbold uses words like a paintbrush creating visual images that take you down the mountains on skis and into the camp of the Lapps while maintaining a tight pace and historically accurate storyline. A easy and enjoyable read with mystic overtones and well developed characterizations.

4really good read
ByLee Ford "leelee"on September 21, 2012
This book was a surprise but once you get the lead character to stop whining and start taking action, it's a whirlwind of a ride

5Very Entertaining
BySam Westinon July 25, 2012
This is a very well-written and fun book to read. I liked the premise from the start, and the author was able to weave an excellent story that had me hooked.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
yeah, well, @Noaidi, Yanks are easy to please.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy