Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What to do in Kuala Lumpur?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Supposed to be on my way to Bali, but after 30 odd hours on the road I'm now at KL, with my onwards flight cancelled due to a volcanic ash cloud flaoting around near Denpasar...

So as I'm KL now for probably at least a day, is there anything particularly worth doing or seeing in the city? Otherwise I guess it's beer o'clock!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are worse places to be stranded!

It's a long time since I've visited KL, but I loved it. Aside from obvious things like the Petronas Towers, I've always enjoyed just walking around. It may look like a modern city, but away from the dual carriageways and skyscrapers there are still some interesting colonial buildings, and old-style markets. Plus some of the modern Islamic architecture is stunning, I wish our tower blocks were as interesting. And the food is great, especially if you 'eat local'.

If your compulsory stay extends, then it's worth getting out of KL, and a day trip to Malacca, which is much more traditional, is quite doable.

And of course it's always beer o'clock as well, you don't want to land up dehydrated in that heat!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy