Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Electricite de France - moving meter? Anyone experienced?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Moving the EDF meter.

It is apparently eye wateringly expensive. Anyone done it?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ours is in a different place than it once was. Dunno how that happened, must have been the previous owner wink .

We arranged for one to be moved for a client last year, cost €650TTC. Their devis states specifically "not being extended"; so if it is moving towards the point of delivery (i.e. just shortening the existing cables within the property) it's probably loads cheaper than moving it further from the entry point (pull out old cables all the way to the street, re-pull longer cables back in).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers @shep, encouraging I think. Someone had suggested €7,000 ... Shocked - we only want to move from the upper floor to the basement, which may or may not require extension.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In very simple terms the normal electrical supply layout is; cable in / meter / cable out to distribution board (fuse board)/ cables to electrical circuits

When moving the meter, one of the cables (in or out) will have to be shortened but the other will obviously have to be extended / replaced.

You talk about the meter being moved, but what about the distribution board? If this has to also be moved then a number of cables might have to be extended/replaced.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Mr Marmot, Not distribution board as well at this point.. Just want to get meter and main trip out of "client" space.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As @Mr Marmot, indicates, it's not just the EDF (ERDF to be accurate) cost upstream of the meter, there is also the cost downstream of the meter, i.e. new tails to the tableau (or extending all the individual circuits if moving the tableau too). Everything downstream of the meter is your sparky, ERDF stop at the meter.

It sound like what you want will be "an extension" if the building supply is via overhead (which many older properties in france still are, even in town); or "not an extension" if the supply comes in underground. Either way, best thing is just to contact ERDF and have a supercilious guy in blue coveralls come round and tell you "oh - you don't wanna do it like that mate". rolling eyes Toofy Grin. The devis is free.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@shep, indeed. We are, as I suspect S explained, having groundworks done in Autumn and also thought that might allow interrment of the supply. We'll see what they say...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy