Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Crosets, Portes Du Soliel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have any snowheads based themselves in, or spent any time in Les Crosets?

Any information about the resort itself, and the skiing in the immediate vicinity especially for a very nervous beginner, would be appreciated. And any other activities available there in case she does not want to ski after the first couple of days would be much appreciated!

Thank you!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Les Crosets isn't really a resort, more a hamlet nestled on the slopes. It's like a staging post.
So there isn't much to do there after dark in winter or if you're not a skier.
As far as skiing for beginners is concerned, it's not great either. Swiss classification of blue slopes is notoriously bad in the Portes du Soleil, in that some blues are really reds (the last bit of Planachaux down to the lift, for example). There aren't any green runs in Crosets at all.
For beginners your best bet is Avoriaz, which is just over the ridge. It also has lots to do for non-skiers.
For prettiness, then Champéry below Crosets is lovely. It also has a pool, ice rink, and good bars and restaurants.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Snorestore, Thank you, thats very useful. I am familiar with Morzine & Avoriaz but not Les Crosets. I am told the nursery slopes are in the village at Les Crosets are you saying they are not really nursery slopes? I would and happily drive down to Champery for an afternoon or two out and about as it sounds worth it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well they're not what I would call nursery slopes! For absolute beginners, then Les Gets is better.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I agree Les Gets has wonderful beginners slopes so long as there is enough snow and I am saddened to hear the Les Crosets ones are not so good! I am now dithering about where to book having thought I`d made the decision lol
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
So on reflection, and our nervous beginner refusing point blank to come on the holiday, together with having had a wonderful offer from a company in Ste Foy we have decided against Les Crosets! I'm off now to ask for info on Ste foy!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy