Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snozone withdraws their monthly passes

Poster: A snowHead
Snozone Castleford and Milton Keynes are no longer offering their monthly passes. They were originally advertised for May until September, but are no more...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Interesting - at the start of last season, the CEO of Snow Centre, Hemel told me, with great enthusiasm, how pleased he was with the success of their 'new experimental' monthly passes.
Thinking about it though, that meeting actually came about as a direct result of Snowzone's new 'experimental' policy of not playing nicely with others.

The policies of MK and Hemel seem polar opposites atm - I know Hemel is doing well... I wonder how it's going at MK. Surely, having advertised these passes, U-turning on them can't be a good sign?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
trouble with the "snozone slopes is that they are not the main source of income for the centres they are in, they make far more form shop rent and the like than they do form skiing so they don't focus on it
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@CEM, I'm sure you're correct. As you say their business model seems to be to include a snozone as an attraction to get people into the retail centre, and once they've rented out the numerous shops and restaurants they are not that bothered about the snozone users. In contrast Hemel developed from an existing dry ski slope and skiers/boarders have always been their raison d'être
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd suspect that people with monthly passes treat it like the gym and go in and out without spending elsewhere. In contrast use the space for kids tubing.sledging parties and lots of bored adults hanging around to spend cash.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Dave of the Marmottes, perhaps at MK, I dunno, but at Hemel they'd found that the extra foot-fall was building bar/restau revenues during quieter periods.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you for your comments, our monthly main slope passes were launched earlier this year as a specific promotion for May & June (along with an all day one) rather than a pass throughout our summer season May-September. We actually saw a huge increase in our new daily slope pass in comparison - however, we will re-introduce our monthly pass sometime before the season starts. We do welcome all feedback and would be happy to hear from you further. Please email our Group Commercial Manager – elena.kale@snozoneuk.com
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ooh, hello @Snozone!
Welcome to snowHeads snowHead

...and thanks for the info.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Is that the offer they were advertising as 'Unlimited' and for experienced skiers. Yet the offer was very limited to only 2 hours a day and you couldnt use it on any session that an 'experienced' skier would want to such as freestyle night.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@medlington, that's the same as hemel, although if you asked nicely you could have more than 2 hours.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Slightly O/T but in case someone from Snozone at Castleford is reading this.

If your business model relies on us spending money whilst we are there then perhaps they should reintroduce extra time on your slope pass if you stop for a drink or food, etc. Once upon a time if you went to the bar or restaurant the staff would sign your ticket saying how long you'd been in there and add the time back on so you didn't lose out. As a result we always had a drink/food in the upstairs bar when we went. Now if we go in the evening, we don't want to lose 45 mins skiing time we've paid for and by the time we've finished the bar has stopped serving food.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

If your business model relies on us spending money whilst we are there then perhaps they should reintroduce extra time on your slope pass if you stop for a drink or food, etc. Once upon a time if you went to the bar or restaurant the staff would sign your ticket saying how long you'd been in there and add the time back on so you didn't lose out. As a result we always had a drink/food in the upstairs bar when we went. Now if we go in the evening, we don't want to lose 45 mins skiing time we've paid for and by the time we've finished the bar has stopped serving food.

Now that would make me stop for a drink and maybe a bite to eat instead of ski,ski,ski leave
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
capstone wrote:
Quote:

Now that would make me stop for a drink and maybe a bite to eat instead of ski,ski,ski leave

Snofactor in Glasgow do this. Stop for a coffee etc then an extra 30 mins to compensate. Stop for a meal and you get an extra hour. Therefore, I always have lunch. Otherwise I wouldn't.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Being a parent who hangs around these places... There were a few disgruntled people coming off early on Saturday morning at MK. The top of the drag lift was down to wooden boarding. The top of the slope was down to carpet and the snow was very soft all over. There was a bloke who was very vocal in saying that conditions were terrible and he went off to seek a refund.

Not sure if the storm/heavy rain the night before had done anything but there were places with water dripping down. Maybe the roof needs patching or maybe it was condensation.

The place certainly seems to be being neglected a bit.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sounds like it wasn't cold enough, there always seems to be wood on the drag in MK when I've been there.

Going slightly OT, Hemel recently refreshed most of their snow, they've made it colder meaning it holds up better through the day.
ski holidays
Little Martin wrote:

Going slightly OT, Hemel recently refreshed most of their snow, they've made it colder meaning it holds up better through the day.

Cheers - this is really interesting! I have always found Hemel really frustrating as after the first hour or so, the snow is a real state. However, when I went the other day, I was surprised how well it was holding up bearing in mind it was lunchtime and it'd been a busy morning. That'll explain why then! Big thumbs up to Hemel for trying to improve things.
ski holidays
One thing from me on Snozone would be cheaper rate tickets for parents - My kids do the academy sessions and i'd love to have a quick hour on the slopes - but given a choice of £25 for an hour or the development session thats £32 for 3 hours i chose the development session every time. If i could get an hour for say £10 then i'd be likely to do the dev session as well as an extra hour on the slopes.
snow report
@Little Martin, possibly. When I asked Jnr what he thought, he just shrugged his shoulders and said it was alright. The bloke who wanted the refund said it was unskiable.

@Vessigaud, this would be good. I think I've skied once while Jnr was skiing - at £25 it isn't feasible for me to ski every week.
ski holidays
Apparently Snozone at Milton Keynes is closed today because of issues with snow quality. If you are thinking of visiting in the next day or two give them a call to check they'll be open before you head there.
latest report
Handy Turnip wrote:
Little Martin wrote:

Cheers - this is really interesting! I have always found Hemel really frustrating as after the first hour or so, the snow is a real state. However, when I went the other day, I was surprised how well it was holding up bearing in mind it was lunchtime and it'd been a busy morning. That'll explain why then! Big thumbs up to Hemel for trying to improve things.

Hemel's snow condition on their main slope continues to be very good. Firm, grippy snow with no significant breaking up during the day, even on weekends. They seem to be keeping everything colder, removing large quantities of old snow, increased the amount of new snow they are making and closing during the day on Fridays to allow the snow more time to bond together. Top marks all round to the Hemel team!
snow report
@rob@rar, that's interesting to hear. Jnr won't be going this week anyway, so it's not a problem for us.
latest report
Thanks for all your feedback, our slopes in Milton Keynes re-opened last weekend and the snow is in great condition! We will look at the suggestions above relating to the parents attending our SnoAcademy and the main slope passes with food & drink options and discuss these further.
ski holidays
SnozoneUK
Please reconsider the monthly passes as well. Frequent short sessions are so much more effective than a few longer ones.
snow report
Thanks - we will be looking at these passes too!
snow report
Please do, they make sense for us all Very Happy You get guaranteed money and we get to budget at the beginning of each month and, hopefully, save a bit too. It would be great if you could use them for the board/ski coaching sessions as well, the development ones not the freestyle and advanced. You're always trying to encourage people to do the coaching so a monthly pass would be a great idea snowHead

The lifts at MK and Cas need some attention tbh, they seem to be ignored in the main, it's a shame as it's really off putting for people learning when the lifts are badly maintained.
latest report
Welcome to snowHeads @MayaL snowHead and Welcome to snowHeads @SnozoneUK snowHead

Snozone and SnozoneUK debuting on the same topic - we are on a roll here Wink
ski holidays
@admin, maybe a password reminder needs to be sent out!
latest report
@hammerite, I can see the accounts do actually belong to two different people.
It's really nice to see snowZone represented at snowHeads - it's been a while coming and then what do you know, 2 come along at once Wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Left sock meet right sock
ski holidays
Thank you Smile I have been lurking for a while but couldn't resist this one Very Happy
ski holidays
admin wrote:

It's really nice to see snowZone represented at snowHeads - it's been a while coming and then what do you know, 2 come along at once Wink

Agreed.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy