Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

les arcs group ski lessons for kids Jan 2016

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Does anyone know of anyone other than new gen and evolution who do kids group lessons in les arcs ?

We have tried new gen, who won't be running them, evolution have had no response yet, is there anyone else ?

I'm trying to avoid ESF.

2 of the girls can ski parallel, but lose technique on steep and icy, 1 can ski blues bit not parallel all the time.

We will be based in Les Arcs 2000.

Thanks

Martin

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 9-07-15 7:32; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spirit in 1950 should be able to help
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ESF in 1800 are pretty good. Don't know about 2000
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I'm trying to avoid ESF.

Why? They are good.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you are based in Arc 2000 the choices are ESF or Spirit/Evo 2. It may be hard to get a reply over the summer.

Our experience of the ESF in that resort (2014) was that the instruction was good but at least one instructor speaks no English at all.

There are some people on this forum who go regularly to Arc 1950/2000 and might be able to give you further feedback on the two options.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks. We don't want esf due to group sizes. It doesn't look like there's much choice in less arcs though.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Little Martin, Spirit in 1950 are your best option if ESF is not required. We've been with them for the past 10 years, as has mini roll, from age 3 - 12, albeit she is onto private lessons with them now.

They have a range of instructors who are serial returnees, and who therefore know the resort well. The summer season ( where they do the majority of the MTB and other led activities) opens 4th July - ie this weekend, so there should be someone in the office fairly soon.

http://www.spirit1950.com/en/
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Little Martin, you probably won't have issue with group sizes in january. You will have problems finding school doing lessons appropriate to your child's age and level at off peak times
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have contacted spirit, will see if I get a response
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Had a response from spirit!

How easy/difficult is it to get from 2000 to 1950 ? Looks like it's a blue run or lift ?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Little Martin, very easy. The blue run is more green, and the lift up and down is pedestrian friendly as well as being used by skiers. Your lot will be fine on the piste.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@rob@rar, thanks rob
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Little Martin, there are also plenty of good English speaking Instructors at the ESF in Arc 2000. They are good and meet right near where you are staying. Spirit in 1950 is ok as well, but a little bit more hassle for getting to lessons. If you want to go private, let me know and I will give you a few contacts. By the way I think you ment Jan 2016 or this thread would not make sense. Might be good to change the year!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@snowcrazy, thanks, changed the thread title Wink

I don't think we'll have issue with getting to 1950 in the morning, the kids are usually up way to early anyway so getting them there won't be a problem.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy