Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which school to work for in Niseko / other Japanese resorts?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all ,

I'm quite excited to be planning to work in Japan for the 15/16 season. I know that a few posters here have experience of the scene, considerable in some cases. I'm fairly set on Niseko, but could be swayed ; I've heard good things about Hakuba for example. I'd really appreciate a couple of hints and tips from those with experience of the various setups, especially when it comes to living conditions (really keen on my own room!), pay and the number of hours you can expect throughout the season.

If it makes a difference, I'm dual qualified but would rather at least a 50/50 split, if not more time on the board.

Look forward to hearing from you all!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=119348
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/292464-Jobs-in-Japan
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Mike.

Any thoughts on any of the following :

Pro powder
Niseko wow
Niseko black
Niseko village

Also, what would you consider the going rate to be, and what can push this up (e.g requests , languages )?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What's your:

Age?
Qualifications?
Experience?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi,

1: young enough for the visa !
2: 2 board, 1 ski
3: no previous instructor roles. Countless ski seasons in other roles, including staff training, coaching and teaching experience, several languages.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cool.

For the most resort feel and off-mountain fun you need to be looking at one of the schools based in Hirafu village.

Niseko WOW
NBS
Pro Powder
Niseko Black
Go Snow

No idea what the going rate is sorry. Haven't worked for a school for a while.

Languages are English, Chinese and Japanese. Others are a bonus but not enough demand to make it a differentiator.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great! Would you be able to expand a little on niseko wow, black and pro powder? They appear to be schools tacked onto tour ops, which isn't something I've really come across in Europe before. Any tips,insider knowledge or preferences between those three, beyond what's shown on their websites ?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
All the ones I highlighted are 'tacked on to tour ops'

Niseko WOW - Niseko WOW
NBS - Ski Japan
Pro Powder - Pro Powder
Niseko Black - Niseko Black
Go Snow - HT Holidays

My mate Ian runs Niseko WOW.

Apply to all and see who offers you a position. Your lack of ski teaching experience will be a factor.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Send me your email in a PM and I will forward it to my son, The Lad, He worked the season before last for Pro Powder and knows loads of people who worked for the others.

There are pros and cons to all of them in terms of pay, amount of work, working patterns and management attitudes.
Those pros and cons can make for dramatically different experiences.

He had a fantastic season, really fantastic.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Agree 100%
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Rungsp, sounds perfect, you should have a pm now. Look forward to hearing from your son!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi rungsp - have sent you a PM (actually did so from searching past threads before I started this one!) Can I just check that you've received it? Keen to get in touch with your son! Cheers!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi,

So looks like this has come to a crux and I'll need to make my choice by the end of the week. I'm hugely excited, and to be honest I'm sure I'd have a great season with any of the schools. However, rungsp - I'd really appreciate a chat with you son before Thursday (when I've been given a deadline) - would you be able to put me in touch with him? Thank you!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi, can anyone tell me more about Go Snow, Pro Powder, Niseko Wow?

Main things I would like to know is about the instructor accommodation (location/value for money) and the amount of work expected.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy