Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sore soles of feet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just back from 3 days skiing in Pila. I have pain in the soles of my feet (I think its called planta). I have been told that this could be due to feet "roll". My boots feel tight enough and I don't really want them that tight anyway as I don't feel comfortable like that. Does anyone else experience pain in the soles of feet?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jb1970,

where was the pain? was it from the heel into the arch area if so it may be plantar fasciitis caused by the 'roll' (excessive pronation) of your feet, other areas of pain are most likely caused by the same pronation...the solution in most cases is a custom footbed in the boots, it will not take up more space it just fills the gaps and reduces the movements of the arch of your feet, the other advantages are numerous including reduces fatigue, better edge hold, better transmission of pressure to the edges.

In Glasgow! get yourself into Blues (upstairs in Tiso Buchannan st) and they will help you out
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is it anything to do with technique?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is it anything to do with technique?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What double posting?

No, more to do with lack of patience...................
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Slowplough, Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Footbeds! Footbeds! Footbeds!

I have just had a weekend boarding in Les Gets before Christmas and for the first time I suffered no
cramps and no arch pain, thanks to the superfeet beds i bought before I went. I cannot tell you
how much better my feet were. Get yourself to a outdoor sports boot fitter and they should sort you
out snowlines in edinburgh are very good i am told.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I sometimes get cramps in the soles of my feet, it tends to happen either at the beginning of the season, or when I'm really pushing myself. I think that it's because I'm tensing up in my legs too much, and pushing down with the balls of my feet against the sole of the boot, almost fighting it rather than working with it. As the week goes on, it tends to get a bit easier.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just got me some footbeds today. I'm told it's money well spent!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jb1970, It really depends on where the pain is exactly. It could easily be boot/sole problems, it could be technique (although this is less likely) and if it's under the ball of the foot it could be heat! A really well made custom footbed makes a huge difference to your skiing comfort. Very Happy Very Happy However, most shops do footbeds, but follow CEM, s advice at that's his thing! (This is my fourth pair, and the difference is chalk and cheese. These were made by a really good fitter with lots and training and better equipment).

Plug for Cedric at Jaques Sports here!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jb1970,

Off topic I'm afraid but could you let me know how you found Pila JB (ie as a ski resort not how you got to it?) We're going in Feb (17 people of all ages and ski experience). Are there any decent hire shops there? I've got the impression that the equipment for hire might not be up to much so thinking of buying boots beofre I go. When I look on the official Pila website it always looks like half the runs aren't open. I'm hoping that they are just not very good at updating the wesbite and that nearly all runs are or will be open. As a relatively small resort it will be a pain if some lifts and runs aren't open.

Anyway, hope you solve your sore feet prob. Any tips on bars, restaurants or anything else about Pila appreciated. Did you notice an ice rink there - my daughter is hoping there is one - not sure if it there or in Aosta.

We're staying at the Hotel Chalet des Alpes. Know it?

Cheers
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
aidancostello, We only skied for 2 days in Pila (the other one day was in a place called Champorcher) both in the Aosta Valley. The hire shop that we used is at the bottom of the gondola in the huge car park. When I was there (30 and 31 December) all the runs were open and snow conditions were very good. I don't really know the geography of the place so can't comment on the Hotel Chalet des Alpes.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
CEM,Do footbeds really make that much difference, I've been contemplating getting some. If they improve comfort and help with technique, I'll be straight off to the shop.

Should I get custom ones or off the shelf jobbies from S&R or EB ?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Think of Orthotics like contact lenses. You can, today buy off-the-shelf versions that will stop your headache/foot pain, however custom prepared contacts/ortotics will almost perfectly tackle the problem, however there will be a premium as the product is higher quality and has fabrication time. Twisted Evil
P.S. CEM, is really Fish from 80's pop group, Marillion. Twisted Evil
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Pete1909,

as the zookeeper says they do make that much difference i would seriously suggest that anyone buying boots definately considers them
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Fish.... really interesting thought but i am afraid not Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy