Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head Icon TT 60.0 for use on Dry Slope

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This post is cross-referenced to THIS POST to provide some context.

I don't want to wreck my Magnums or Fischer 86s while doing my L1 on a dry slope. I have the option of purchasing a pair of Head Icon TT 60.0 at a very good price. They are 177. Radius:15. Sidecut: 117/68/101. There isn't much on here about them or elsewhere for that matter. Any thoughts on these?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Gaza, Don't know much about those skis --- but the dimensions and radius would seem fine.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They seem like too good a bargain to miss out on especially compared to the prices being asked on ebay for second-hand and ex-hire kit. The RRP in 2011/12 (which these are) was £486. Tallington Pro Shop are selling them for £107. Shocked Shocked Shocked

The bumf on snowinn.com says:-

Quote:
Features

+ Intelligence Technology

+ Liquidmetal Technology

+ Torque Turning Technology

+ Tailwings

+ Race structured UHM C base

+ Power Metal Jacket

+ Railflex Base

+ Bindings: HEAD RFD 11 (silver/black)

Torque Turning Technology-The silkiest ride.- The most powerful edge.

It used to be that a comfortable, soft flexing ski automatically lacked edge grip. And a high-performance ski automatically was hard to turn. This problem increased as skis grew in width. That’s why we are proud to introduce Torque Turning Technology: A system that combines a silky-smooth flex with superior torsional stiffness and edge-hold.

Explication :
Torque Turning Technology uses skeletal stabilizers that vastly increase the torsional stiffness of the ski while not interfering with its longitudinal flex. Torsional stiffness is the resistance a ski has against twisting – the same resistance your tip and tail will exercise when you put the ski on its edge in a turn: The more the better. Longitudinal flex is the resistance of a ski against bending – it
determines the amount of energy you have to invest when you try to get the ski to turn: Stiff skis need strong muscles. Torque makes it possible to build a longitudinally soft, maneuverable ski with more torsional stiffness. Power on edge.

Tech Background :
Torque skeletal stabilizers are made from particularly stiff and taut metal alloy integrated into the ski. The positioning and geometry of the Torque stabilizers was defined in an interactive process involving both computer-assisted laboratory and on snow testing. The higher the diagonal dimension of the stabilizers, the more torsional resistance and the more edge-pressure is developed. Longitudinally, the stabilizers have no stiffening effect. This is especially effective in skis with an aggressive sidecut where the wide tip and tail have an increased leverage on torsional flex. While the ski bends easily, going smoothly in and out of turns, the ski’s edge is forced into the snow across it’s entire length.

Tailwings :
While Torque puts a blasting edge on a pleasant ski, we combine this technology with the new HEAD Tailwings: The tail behind the effective edge is recessed, allowing for a perfectly smooth and controlled exit out of every turn.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Gaza, for a dry slope I would go shorter. I would look at something like a soft 165 or shorter slalom type ski
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@sledger, I'm 185cm tall and approximately 99kg in my birthday suit so normally feel better on long planks. I used my Fischer Motive 86s on the Dendix last week and they are 177s and (as the name suggests) 86mm underfoot. They didn't feel too big except when I tackled the kids slalom gates. Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Gaza, For that money use them for your L1 wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ski wrote:
@Gaza, For that money use them for your L1 wink

That's exactly what I am going to do. Decided to hit the "Buy Now" button yesterday and they've just arrived via UPS. Not that it counts for anything but they are a good looking ski. I'll apply so Polar X or WAX4MATT tonight and try them out tomorrow at Hillend.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Gaza, Keep the edges sharp ! No skidding allowed Very Happy Actually --- thinking about it --- practice a few snowploughs, and especially plough-parallels ....
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Gaza, fair enough if you're not using them for racing should be fine. Looking forward to hearing how you get on with your level 1
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@ski, was doing that last weekend along with a bit of backwards skiing. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy