Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter with trees!

Poster: A snowHead
Could be a contradiction in terms!

I really dislike high altitude skiing, too much mountain to freak me out! Hated Obergurgl!

We went to MdC in February and loved it. Lots of trees and flattering skiing. But we are stuck with Easter next year. I think its too low...

Is there anywhere else? I am a nervous intermediate, kids and husband are pretty good. Loved the Austrian ambience, not a huge Francophile but could be persuaded for the right place..,.

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Montgenevre
Mayrhofen
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Easter is early this year, I think most places would be fine?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It would be the 26th March.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Canada?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry not Canada- too far for a week. Would like to another year though.

Montgenerve is an option. We've been already and I did like it. Shame there's not more on piste restaurants. Is there some on the Claviere side?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Saalbach-Hinterglemm, Hoch König, Sportwelt Amadé, Schladming all have good sking in amongst the trees and the end of March in recent years has been the best time to ski in Salzburgerland with plenty of snow , longer and warmer days without it all turning to slush by midday.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Off the top of my head...

La Tania
Morzine/Les Gets
Lech
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Claviere has the restaurants but doesn't really offer the skiing you are looking for - it is mainly easy reds and not that extensive - the link back from Montgenevre is not easy for a nervous skier and the links to the rest of the milky way aren't that good either. I think Montgenevre is a better base for Easter in the Milky Way.

Other thoughts:
Les Arcs (Vallandry)
Val Cenis
Les Saisies
Les Carroz/Morillon
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've been to Serve Chevalier quite a bit at this time and generally had excellent skiing. Plenty of tree linedstuff and a very pleasant ambience, though anywhere with a lowish base height will have the lowest runs getting soft in the afternoon at this time of the year and sometimes the higher runs if it is very warm.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What @Samerberg Sue or@T Bar said.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Westonbirt arboretum?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
April 3rd 2015 ( Just happens to be my Birthday Happy ) - Schladming.

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@RosieL,
Quote:

We went to MdC in February and loved it. Lots of trees and flattering skiing. But we are stuck with Easter next year. I think its too low...

Strobgly suggest you think again. MdC has a very good snow record AFAIK, especially late season. We were there two years ago, arrived 24th March and had the best snow of the season. Approx 1 metre of fresh snow in the village during the week. 26th of March will probably be about the best week of the year for snow quantity.

2012-2013 2013-2014 2014-2015
Nov 0cm / 0cm 0cm / 0cm - -
Dec 35cm / 101cm 37cm / 69cm 10cm / 95cm -
Jan 42cm / 130cm 128cm / 181cm 27cm / 121cm -
Feb 62cm / 149cm 227cm / 259cm 68cm / 180cm -
Mar 66cm / 147cm 222cm / 289cm 71cm / 200cm -
Apr 31cm / 78cm 112cm / 185cm 3cm / 56cm -

Figures are for lower slopes and upper slopes.

Send a PM to Campiglio if you want more info about March snow.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Vallandry - lots of tree skiing and flattering runs
snow report
Thanks all. I'll look into the Austrian options. At the moment MdC and Vallandry are front runners due to ease/cost of flights.
snow report
sestriere
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy