Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rear Ski Box/Carrier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I am looking to purchase a ski carrier/box (not sure what they are called) that I can fit to the back of my minibus (Renault Trafic).
I've searched everywhere on the web, but I can't find anywhere that sells them, though I guess it would help if I knew what they were called.
I'm always seeing them in resorts, basically a big aluminium open top boxed that you can just drop your skis into, that just bolts to the back door of your bus.
Many thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi @doddsie, sounds like you need some sort of ski rack! I bought one second hand from a mate and fitted it onto the spare wheel on the rear door of our old Rav 4. It takes up to 5 pairs of skis. I know that is not quite what you are after so you could try searching the snowheads site using the search term ski rack as I'm pretty sure there have been similar question to yours in the past.

If there's anybody else after a ski rack more like mine I did come across something similar on the www.autow.com website, with product code FB258. Says its adaptable for bikes which mine isn't but then I only paid 100 euros.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would expect the boxes to have a plate or sticker on them with the manufacturer's name if you can wait until after your next ski trip.

Or do a search for a Renault commercial vehicles dealer in Annecy/Chambery/Grenoble/Albertville/Sallanches and send them an email.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Previous thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=112236
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
https://www.justjeeps.com/product.php?productid=38401
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@doddsie, I think most that you see on the back of Transfer buses are made by a "man with welder" in resort during the summer and usually screw into the rain gutters/roof rack holes as opposed to the door.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the replies and I had tried searching this site for old threads, but obviously wasn't using the right search terms.

There is plenty of pictures in the link on the other thread, thanks Hells Bells, so I may just have to get the welder out this summer and knock something up.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have some pics somewhere of some simple ones made with very little steel although Alu would be better, if you have a mig welder you can get decent Alu welds with some practise and the right wire
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy