Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arc 1950

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Feels wrong to be booking a ski holiday in June but I like to be prepared. We are looking at going later than normal for us on 2nd April next year and looking at Arc 1950.Anyone stayed in the P&V apartments there? We stayed in Peisey at Oree des Cimes this year so am wondering if the accomodation is similar in standard? We're going in a group of 4 or 5 families and hoping to get apartments close together.

All thoughts/opinions/experiences welcome!
Edited for appalling fat finger typing

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 15-06-15 16:33; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been about 10 times now and I've re-booked already for the same week as you. I'm sure P&V will do their best to accommodate everyone but I think just being in the same building will be fine. Kids seem to like mucking about in lifts anyway! I would say the standard is on the whole 4* with a few 3* star bits.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, the price seems very reasonable compared to what we paid in Peisey at half term this year. Will just have to pray for snow althought to be fair it wasn't great this half term until the day we left!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep, it would be v unusual if snow cover wasn't good enough. This season there was plenty of snow at Easter but lots of lifts were closed due to high winds and blasting, and visibility wasn't great at the start of the week either. There was however one epic day (the friday I think) when the weather broke and the wind dropped. It was powder absolutely everywhere, I've never heard so many people 'whooping' and laughing pretty much everywhere on the slopes.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@bagginsmum, am an owner of one of the apartments in 1950. The ones that could possibly be considered "slightly scruffy" are considerably better than most places anyway, but the two eldest buildings (11 years old) Hameau du Glacier, and Refuge du Montgnard are being refurbished this winter in any case (as the re-lease kicks in). And we've had considerable input to that process, so it's not just a lick and a promise.

You should be able to get a group of apartments together , cetainly booking this early - but if you are suffering from "we'll let you know" customer service, drop me a PM, and I'll have a word.

With regards snow, we'll be out there that week ( 2nd of a fortnight) and are not expecting any snow issues - I think only once in the past 12 years of visiting at Easter/April that we've had to occasionally 'grass-ski' beween patches, and that was down into 1800.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@bagginsmum, I have stayed in Arc 1950 and also in some CGH residences but not L'Oree des Cimes itself (but have skied past it so know the location).

Arc 1950 is ideally situated for April skiing, everything is close at hand and the ski lifts stay open to 5pm or later. We stayed in Manoir Savoie (Radisson blu) and the appartments were slightly more spacious than CGH and the furnishings were slightly different as Manoir savoie was carpeted. Bathrobes were also included and reception was 24 hr which was a bonus.

The things that were not so good as CGH were the pool and spa. There are various small pools in arc 1950 and some Jacuzzis/steam rooms but it is not as extensive as the spa set up in CGH residences. You can pay extra for the deep nature spa but I recall it is adult only. There are several restaurants in Arc 1950 and one or two are very good but not all. Arc 1950 appears geared for Brits and Russians with all menus in three languages. I prefer going slightly off the beaten track and speaking more French. Nevertheless I was certainly glad to have tried Arc 1950 and we had a really good time there.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy