Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vets in the Dolomites

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, first post here but have been skiing a few years now.

We travel with our two dogs (one of us doesn't ski so enjoys snowy walks with them). Usually we go to France and have found that the vets there are all very clued-up about the pet passports. Next time we're going to Italy at Christmas (Ortisei, Val Gardena) but have heard that Italian vets are less aware of the UK Pet Passport rules.

So, if there any recommendations for vets in the area that people have used for this purpose that would be really useful.

Thanks in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@williamandjo, we usd a mobile vet who came to our hotel in Arabba. He wasn't quite as clued up about the whole thing as the French vets, but we kept him right, although had to make sure all the correct bits of the passport were filled in. I don't have a phone number for him, but the hotel contacted him for us and he visited after skiing. He was called Eros.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
and welcome to snowHeads.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hells Bells wrote:
@williamandjo, we usd a mobile vet who came to our hotel in Arabba. He wasn't quite as clued up about the whole thing as the French vets, but we kept him right, although had to make sure all the correct bits of the passport were filled in. I don't have a phone number for him, but the hotel contacted him for us and he visited after skiing. He was called Eros.

I don't know why but I would hesitate before asking the hotel to phone someone called "Eros" who provides mobile services, to get them to call around at the hotel, especially if you were going to compare his services with the level of French services you had previously received.

Perhaps I need to take more water with my drinks
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@JohnHSmith, he was a properly qualified vet. As the Dolomites are a collection of small villages, it is easier for the vet to travel than to stay at a surgery for minor things like vaccinations, worming etc. All he needs to do is scan the microchip, give the dogs a worming tablet and complete, sign and stamp the passport. Not rocket science, but it does need a qualified vet. There's no major surgery involved. We were in the company of a UK vet at the time he was there.
I could check the official details, but the dog's passport is in the car, and the car is not here.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You could always as the hotel (by email in advance, as we did), for details of vets in the area. They assured me it could be arranged when we arrived, which it was. Their animals were also under the care of the vet, and he was obviously a fairly regular visitor. I don't suppose there are that many vets and it could be a long journey hence the mobile service. I only remember his name because the other snowHeads dog is called 'Heros', and laughed about the similarity.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@JohnHSmith, Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sorry Hells Bells my tongue in cheek reply has passed you by. I think that shows you in a good light and me in a poor one. My apologies for attempting to lower the tone and failing. I am sure that the mobile vet will be absolutely fine
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@JohnHSmith, Don't worry. You posted my thoughts exactly when I read it. Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@JohnHSmith, very busy morning, hasty posting. sorry.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just be careful that the vet fills in everything that he is supposed to correctly, if he is not used to these forms. Last time we came through Animal Control at Calais two people were told their animals could not travel as the paperwork had been filled in incorrectly. One of them was rushing back to Belgium to get it corrected, and the Animal Centre was organising for the other one to see a local vet immediately. I thought there was a 24 hour delay after treatment (we travel with a cat, not a dog, so not sure), but they were assured they could travel same day.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for the above. We have found one who seems on-the-ball, judging by her emails at least. About 15km from our apartment, but we can tie it in with a day visiting some of the smaller villages covered by the ski pass. Will just pay attention that all the relevant bits of the passports are completed.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy