Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mostly Alpine but also a mention of Scottish and Pyreneean Snowfall 14/15

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quite interesting:

http://www.weathertoski.co.uk/weather-snow/who-got-the-most-snow-2014-15/

Quote:
Nearly all northern Alpine resorts experienced below average snowfall. In the French Tarentaise, Arc 2000 saw just 3.50m (average over 6m) while Val d’Isère (1850m)saw 4.00m, (average a little over 5m). It was a similar story in the Haute-Savoie though, with 6.11m at 1800m, Avoriaz (at resort level at least) did emerge (as it often does) as the “snowiest ski resort in France”.

Quote:
In Austria, as well, all areas saw below average snowfall though conditions were, on the whole, much more satisfactory than in 2013-14. The classic low-lying resorts such as Kitzbühel and Söll managed around 4.5m at 1800m and 2m at valley level (700m) – not great, but 40% or so up on last year.

Further west, Lech (1450m) clocked 5.60m (average around 7.00m), and nearby Warth-Schröcken claimed 8.25m at 1670m (average 10.6m) making it this year’s winner of “snowiest ski resort in the Alps” – at least at/close to resort level.

Quote:
The main conclusions we can draw from the 2014-15 alpine season are:

Temperatures were (overall) above average.

The north-western Alps (particularly the French Haute-Savoie) had one of their worst starts to a season ever.

The best overall conditions were in the higher resorts of the central southern and south-western Alps, including Andermatt, the Monte Rosa region, Cervinia and Isola 2000.

The snowiest ski resort (at or close to resort level) was Warth-Schröcken.

The snowiest ski resort (at mid-station level) was Andermatt (that we know of).

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 12-06-15 12:14; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Europe is the Alps, isn't it wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@moffatross, no, it also mentioned Scotland and the Pyrenees wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, I'd read it before I posted, and they didn't even call their article 'European Snowfall'. Just change your thread title to Alpine Snowfall 14/15 and I'll stop being pedantic wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@moffatross, that work better? Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Very interesting.

Puts into perspective how lucky we are on Hokkaido.

Central Hokkaido had a 'terrible' season with just 5m of snowfall at the base area (approx 300 m)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No mention of England either which is in Europe too.......at the moment.

Here it was another exceptional winter in the north west but dissapointing further east. Sad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
clarky999 wrote:
@moffatross, no, it also mentioned Scotland and the Pyrenees wink

No new snow when I went to Grandvalira, Andorra for the final week of the season - 05 to 12 April 2015 - but top to bottom coverage on and off piste which suggests a solid snowfall and low temperature winter.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy