Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Campsite recommendations Italian Lakes / Dolomites / Venice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This years Summer holiday is us and the kids (3 & 5) in a camper van from Lausanne to Ljubljana and back in July. Thinking of stopping at Lake Garda, Dolomites and Venice en route although flexible. Anyone camped in this area and have any recommendations? Thanks, Bob
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In the Dolomites, best campsite in the world is at Malga Ciapella, near to the Marmolada cable car station.

Camping Colfosco near Corvara is nice too
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I spent three days once driving around the Dolomites trying to find a camping pitch. Each night I'd have to return to Trento to stay in a hotel as we couldn't find room at the inn. So book early!

We've been a few times since and I can heartily recommend the campsite at Dimaro just north of Madonna in the Val de Sol. Madonna makes a great nearest town with lovely walks into the Brenta Massif. It's also within range of the Gavia/Stelvio if you like driving the great passes.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I stayed in a few Italian campsites some years ago, having driven through the tunnel from Switzerland. The contrast between Swiss an Italian campsites was quite enlightening. The Swiss had lots of rules of the kind @BobinCH would be familiar with (no vehicles on the site, you can only throw rubbish away in bags you've purchased from the camp site management, etc etc.

The Italian sites were notable for having lots of rules about how you couldn't build onto your caravan, mostly obscured by the extraordinary variety of shanties people had built onto their caravans - with whole 3 or 4 generation families out from Torino enjoying a few days in campagna.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Haven't been in July but have in August. I looked at several camp sites around Corvara, each of which was more jam-packed than the last. Then I booked into a hotel.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Arco, 15 mins north of Riva del Garda has 2 campsites. Plus swimming pool. Camping zoo is one of them. Stayed there quite a few times.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We stayed here http://www.europasilvella.it/en/home/ quite a few years ago now, but it had the cleanest shower/wash fascilities we have found before or since! Its right on the lake and has a pool as well. Its a large site (not cheap) which my kids loved but they were at the time a little older than yours. It was an easy site to navigate with a large unit.

A couple of years earlier we stayed on a site just above Lake Como http://www.bellagio-camping.com/lake_como.html, much smaller but run by a very friendly British lady. Site access was a little difficult with our large twin axle caravan but we managed it!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've stayed at Camping Bergamini on Lake Garda which was a small family run place, really nice & everyone was very friendly.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've stayed at Camping Bergamini on Lake Garda which was a small family run place, really nice & everyone was very friendly.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you pass through Innsbruck then check out Camping Natterer-See http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?page=2&revid=9018

I guarantee that this will be the best motorhome campsite you will ever visit!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Have a look at http://thesevereclimber.com/via_ferrata/review-campsites-for-via-ferrata-in-the-dolomites/
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks to all for the ideas!

@jellylegs, NattererSee was awesome. Everyone loved it especially jumping off the iceberg!

Other highlights were Seiser Alm in the Dolomites, Lake Bled and the kids favorite - the Lido in Venice with its man made white sand aquapark

Campervan was a hit apart from running out of fuel in the tunnel going into Slovenia (doh...) and when temps hit 40 degrees At Lake Garda
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy