Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sierra Nevada?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone been? Thinking of going for a (hopefully cheap) long weekend in March... what can I expect from it?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You'll find a very nice spring skiing, plenty of sun and too much people in weekends, it gets really crowded, if you understand any spanish, these sites will be helpful for u http://www.sierranevadaski.com/ and http://www.nevasport.com/sierranevada

Cheers
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have some friends nearby had a few days there in March a few years ago. It's a bit like Les Menuires or Alpe d'Huez - an ugly resort with lots of high sunny above-the-treeline skiing. There's definintely enough to keep you occupied for a few days, but we lost 2 days out of 5 due to high winds, which apparrently isn't unsual.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was there last year in January, no natural snow at that time but plenty of artificial stuff.
Great for a couple of days but not enough for a week IMO.
We mixed it with golf down on the coast and had a great time.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
AlexF, Sierra Nevada Spain or USA?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
oh Spain, doh! rolling eyes didn't think of that...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AlexF, Just remember they had to cancel the world cup that was planned for there. Several of my freinds have said to only expect to ski 50% of the time due to the weather.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dypcdiver, Yes, that was the only time I ever went there (1995). There were 2 runs open with artificial snow for most of the week and then the lifts closed one day because of bad weather and high winds. By the end of the week there was a little more open but not much. I was glad I'd booked ski school that week. I did think that the standard of accommodation was good compared to what I'd been used to in France and the food was good too but then this was 10 years ago.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Skied in Sierra Nevada a few seasons ago, and had the worst sunburn I've ever experienced !!! Not a great deal to do ski wise (depends on your standards and expectations I suppose) and the town is not picture postcard stuff by anyones standards. Our trip coincided with the European Cup taking place, so the downhill course was fully prepped by the time they re-opened it towards the end of the week which made for some interesting warp speed excitement, but beyond that, I personally won't be rushing back for the mountain. Have vague recollections of a load of soldiers side stepping up the slopes to a big satellite dish and some bloke hooning past me on a mountain bike.....could be wrong though

Having said that, took in some of the sights of the surrounding area (Alhambra and Granada) which made up for everything else....sort of, ish, well, not at all really.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dypcdiver wrote:
AlexF, Just remember they had to cancel the world cup that was planned for there. Several of my freinds have said to only expect to ski 50% of the time due to the weather.

Sierra Nevada has the best sunny days record of all the European resorts, and yes the 1995 World Championships were played on 1996, But this argument is the same as if I say, don't go to the Alps, in 1993 there wasn't any snow in the whole winter, isn't it? Believe me guys, Sierra Nevada has one of the best spring skiing you can imagine and also yes, the resort is one of the ugliest I've ever seen, but at 30km you have one of the nicest cities in the world Cool
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy