Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Open minds.

Poster: A snowHead
Big 'Yee Ha', to all you brits whom tested so called, 'Fat Skis' and then bought them. This Xmas we demoed and sold out of ; Volkl Karma, Volkl Mantra and Rossingnol B3. The B3 caused fights in the shop and has been hailed as the ski of the year, by us and the rest of the Cham3s. Merry Xmas and Happy Skiing to you all.
The Scandi's have arrived now, time to bring out the Fat Boys! Ching Ching. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SMALLZOOKEEPER,

I'll drop by and see what you've got if I can get to Cham later this month
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey SMALLZOOKEEPER,

Could use some input from someone who knows what they are talking about if you wouldn't mind?

What do you think of Rossignol Saphir 100 skis? I just bought myself a pair with Saphir X-plate bindings for £199, and from what I read about them online they seem good for my ability (at a little push I'd call myself intermediate, improving well!), but would like to hear an experts opinion. Good buy for me or not?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
net_masters,
Sorry buddy, i know nothing of the ski to speak of. Our range of boots and skis tend to be aimed a little more towards larger-wider skis. Chamonix has not a great deal of piste compared to other resorts, i therefore only test larger and stiffer skis. I do however belive that there are not really any bad skis out there, just bad expieriences with certain skis. I personally stock, sandwich construction-wood core skis only as a rule, however some cap skis too have to be included, as to keep the reps happy. I'm sure you'll have good days and bad days on your new toys it will all depend on your aspiations. Twisted Evil

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 3-01-06 23:01; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
net_masters,
I personally stock, sandwich construction-wood core skis only as a rule

Is the B3 sandwich construction-wood core?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
The B3 caused fights in the shop

... involving knuckle sandwiches.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How can you call it open minds if you only market one type of ski? rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Big 'Yee Ha', to all you brits whom tested so called, 'Fat Skis' and then bought them. This Xmas we demoed and sold out of ; Volkl Karma, Volkl Mantra and Rossingnol B3. The B3 caused fights in the shop and has been hailed as the ski of the year, by us and the rest of the Cham3s. Merry Xmas and Happy Skiing to you all.
The Scandi's have arrived now, time to bring out the Fat Boys! Ching Ching. Twisted Evil

They'll be calling it a punter ski in 2 years time hehehe (I have last years 2's btw) Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DB wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
net_masters,

Nope, Embarassed
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:

Happy New Year Foxy. What are the skis we market? Full list please. Twisted Evil
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:

Happy New Year Foxy. What are the skis we market? Full list please. Twisted Evil

There is a difference between what you market on here, and what you may indeed sell. What you have marketed on here incessantly is skis with a wider than average girth. I won't call them "fat" as you will then counter with some ski that is 125mm waist, and say that you only market thin skis on here, but would you like to show me where you have marketed a sub 80mm ski on here? Twisted Evil rolling eyes Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
DB wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
net_masters,

Nope, Embarassed

I knew it NehNeh (although I too have a fetish for 'fat' wood core skis)

Foxy if you are not having enough fun on those wood core 95mm wasited skis then I'd take em off your hands for a fiver. wink

Of course Zookeeper talks fat skis most of the time, ever tried to buy a snow-blower in Africa? the product goes with the terrain.

Zookeeper should also be openminded and we expect to see a pic of him skiing Chamapagne powder on snowblades and/or langlauf skis, in a one piece fart bag with an 80's head band and rear entry white 'stormtrooper' boots. "Don't knock it till you've tried it".
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DB wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
DB wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
net_masters,

Nope, Embarassed

I knew it NehNeh (although I too have a fetish for 'fat' wood core skis)

Foxy if you are not having enough fun on those wood core 95mm wasited skis then I'd take em off your hands for a fiver. wink

Of course Zookeeper talks fat skis most of the time, ever tried to buy a snow-blower in Africa? the product goes with the terrain.

Zookeeper should also be openminded and we expect to see a pic of him skiing Chamapagne powder on snowblades and/or langlauf skis, in a one piece fart bag with an 80's head band and rear entry white 'stormtrooper' boots. "Don't knock it till you've tried it".

I'm on it. Photo on it's way, the open minds were those average skiers, whom tested the B3/Karma/Mantra and despite the marketting, loved them and bought them. They felt they skied well on piste and opened up the off-piste play ground. Good on 'em i say. I don't want to push or market anything here, just feel sometimes poeple pigeon hole themselves and won't try something new.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
I don't want to push or market anything here

And I'm the Pope
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
David Goldsmith, You give me the Horn, you do, the f*****g Horn. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
[scouse accent]

now calm down, calm down. there are children watching snowHead = Cool

[/scouse accent]
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, you are either Pete and therefore dead, or Dud. I claim my £5.
snow report
Puzzled I thought the last Pope was a skier not this one.
snow conditions
This thread is hilarious..... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Keep it up..!!
ski holidays
This thread is hilarious..... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

What we could do with now is Parlor when drunk.... Laughing
snow report
Alan Craggs wrote:
[scouse accent]

now calm down, calm down. there are children watching snowHead = Cool

[/scouse accent]

Call that a scouse accent?
snow report
I agree. It looks more like a 'forward slash' to me, easily mistaken for an 'acute' if you're not too hot on French, admittedly.
snow report
Darn yes you're right guys, I forward slashed and soaked my strides when I should have back slashed. Must be getting past it rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy