Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

skiing/snowboarding in the Pyrenees- feedback please?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
skiing/snowboarding in the Pyrenees- feedback please?

I am posing the above very open question about snowsports 
in the Pyrenees, excluding Andorra. 
I am based in Luz St Sauveur in thé Hautes Pyrénées 
we have a business here and over recent weeks have 
been talking with the tourist office about 2 things. 

1. The British persons perception of snows ports in the Pyrenees? 
2. How can we increase the number of UK visitors to our ski station? 

I would really like to get people's comments, suggestions, questions 
or whatever you think. It will help greatly in understanding what potential 
customers are looking for in today's times and what we need to improved etc. 

Comments please!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@dixon66,

1. Epic. I spend (have spent a lot of time in the Pyrenees.)

2. Keep posting condition reports on here? There is an active thread each Winter.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I could go on but here are a couple of suggestions

1 multi centre holidays - most of the resorts are too small for a week's skiing for keen piste bashers so getting a company to do a 3day/3day holiday would be good in two separate resorts.

2 Having visited La Mongie and St Lary Soulan this year - the lift systems were rather antiquated compared to many alpine resorts - La Mongie better than St Lary but I suffered St Lary at the weekend when there is a huge invasion of locals (may be similar at La Mongie but not there at weekend). I sort of compared and contrasted as being 10-15 years behind the alpine resorts - too many tows and fixed grip chairs.

but for good food and wine at reasonable prices (why nowhere in France can sell beer at a reasonable price other than the supermarkets escapes me completely), good snow, cheaper rental prices the pyrennees beats most of French alpine resorts
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@countryman, @AndAnotherThing..,
Thankyou I agree with both of your comments. I can
certainly make sure that I post more on the Pyrenees thread next winter. As for the lift system I think your right, after skiing in Tignes at the end of the season it did make our lifts look very old. There is little investment on that front I'm afraid and I don't think any is planned. We had a study to build a lift from the village to luz ardiden, the cost would have been very hard to recover over 50 yrs even with significant ski pass increases as we just don't get enough people per season. That said if you like ski rando there is a huge choice and there is now a 3 Vallée pass for bareges/la Mongie - luz Ardiden - Gavarnie so more choice if your here for a week.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@dixon66, I'd love to get over next winter and sample the off piste \ ski touring. I usually spend a bit of time over in Baqueira.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm British and love to ski in the French Pyrenees (particularly Luchon), but the appeal is that it's relatively undeveloped, quiet, and good value. I like places with a local sort of feel - the cost of this is smaller ski area, but overall that's what I want. "Improving" this would drive me away, to be honest!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy