Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Roc D'Enfer / St Jean D'Aulps: advice for non-skiers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Having read through a few old posts it seems some of you have experience of SJA. I have never been. More specifically, can anyone share times they have been there with non-skiers and, if so, what was there for them to do. It seems there are 20km of trails for a winter ramble, has anyone tried them?

There looks to be a restaurant at the top of the gondola from SJA. Is it any good? Suitable for non-skiers to hang out, meet the family for lunch etc?

I'd also be interested to hear of what people have got up to off the slopes in the village itself.

This is all part of some research into the area as a potential future ski destination with my young family.

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@fatmansan, we go over to ski SJD quite often from Les Gets, love it as it is generally quiet. I can't report much on what it is like for a non skier in the winter but we do use the Licorne restaurant which is the second one that you come to after the gondola, run by Richard who is English , and whose wife works as an estate agent. it always strikes us as a brilliant place for small children learning as the nursery slopes are all to one side with four or five short gentle pomas as no other skiers crashing through. The village od SJD itself is very popular with the Brits and lots live there all year round. We do a bit of walking in the area when we are there in the summer.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 1-05-15 8:28; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks a lot @Pamski, appreciate the answer. I see where you are with that restaurant, good to know. Cheers
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Licorne does a good job. Make sure you book a table in peak season or if it has to coordinate with lesson times.

We have friends who have done the last 4 or 5 half terms there, starting with complete novice kids who are now decent intermediates. Lessons from local ESF. It has worked very well for them and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it for that. The village is lowish but the top of the gondola is high enough to be reasonably snow sure. Very pleasant for a couple of days for experienced skiers and within easy reach of entry into the connected part of the Portes du Soleil.

Not sure there is a huge amount for non skiers though I have seen snowshoers.

Morzine is a short drive away or reachable by bus.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not aware of anything for non-skiers in the hamlet.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@DJL, @under a new name, Thanks both.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy