Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Childrens ski jackets....

Poster: A snowHead
I am looking for soft shell (light weight) childrens ski jackets which have the lift pass pocket on the sleeves?

The height of my girls mean that having the lift pass in the Normal pocket wAs too low down for the sensors on some lifts. Also as we were going at Easter the girls were roasting in normal ski jackets. We have switched to soft wheels for Easter as they are much more comfortable In April.

We are going away next April as well so I was hoping to find something for them for next year which meets those criteria cheap in the sales.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What size - pm me if you are interested in a peak performance soft shell (bright pink) which my daughter has grown out of - really good piece of kit which I have had to prise off her this season by buying her a peak alpine hoody soft shell. Best V2
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Some of the Dare2b ones fit this description; I was looking for exactly the same thing this time last year and got 2 half price.... I will google and find the model....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Brilliant. I have just managed to finds dareb2b one on eBay. Though I don't have an eBay account hubby does, so hopefully still be there tonight.

Btw were you pleased with the quality etc?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.runcharlie.co.uk/epages/ppwhfw3d3nu4.mobile/?ObjectPath=/Shops/ppwhfw3d3nu4/Products/DKL015-Iron/SubProducts/DKL015-0022&Locale=en_GB

Oops... A v long link; not sure if it'll work! It's the Rocket. Out of stock now here but you'll get the idea; I got two for £20 each. The key is to get one with pit zips too as that makes the most difference to temperature control IMO.

Re quality; they seem good quality but both my kids did find them tight under the arms when the pit zips were done up; I guess because they're stretchy they're not cut as generously. I would size up if in any doubt unless you have very slim children. The irony is that it was cold the week we went this year (28 March) so they didn't use them!!

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@swoafs, oh dear. Thanks for the info and link
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My daughter has had three Surfanic jackets and they have been great for Easter skiing. If its hot they can be worn over a t-shirt, if cold like this year she wore a fleece lined hoody underneath. The ones she has had have been very girly pink and with loads of pockets inside and out including the lift pass one. The surfanic pixie jacket she had twice in different sizes also had magnetic closing as well as a zip which was handy. Unfortunately I sold the one she'd outgrown on Ebay recently and her current one will last another year otherwise I'd have been happy to pass it on. The other thing I like about the surfanic jackets is that they have sturdy zips whereas I've seen some very flimsy looking zips on a couple of other brands.

I'd recommend the Muddy Puddles website. Most of the kit I've bought my Kids was bought from there (including the surfanic jackets mentioned above). It is worth looking on their website in early March for bargains for Easter ski holidays. The muddy puddles salopettes have been very good too. Now my children are getting beyond their sizes I've been forced to look elsewhere.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
E@NickyJ, quality on some of Dare2be stuff has improved no end over the last couple of years. Both of my boys have had various bits of D2B kit, and I've generally been pleased with quality and durability. The boys have usually grown out of it before wear and tear becomes an issue. Www.sportpursuit.com usually have some good deals, take a look there as well.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@NickyJ, I've just got Oscar this - http://www.dare2b.com/activity/kids-snow/boys-force-nine-softshell-sky-diver-blue.html .

It seems well made and the fleecy lining seems cozy. He is already wearing it for skiing on our local dry slope and likes it so much he wears it for causal wear too.

They do a girls version and they are currently reduced to £15 :-

http://www.dare2b.com/girls-on-board-softshell-methyl-blue.html
http://www.dare2b.com/activity/kids-snow/girls-on-board-softshell-electric-pink.html

The only downside is there is no sleeve pocket for the pass.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Gaza wrote:
@NickyJ, I've just got Oscar this - http://www.dare2b.com/activity/kids-snow/boys-force-nine-softshell-sky-diver-blue.html .

It seems well made and the fleecy lining seems cozy. He is already wearing it for skiing on our local dry slope and likes it so much he wears it for causal wear too.

They do a girls version and they are currently reduced to £15 :-

http://www.dare2b.com/girls-on-board-softshell-methyl-blue.html
http://www.dare2b.com/activity/kids-snow/girls-on-board-softshell-electric-pink.html

The only downside is there is no sleeve pocket for the pass.

Looks great apart from not having the lift pass pocket on the sleeve. Seriously lifting a 5yr old so that her pass is high enough for the sensor wasn't one of my better ideas.... Next time I fished it out of her pocket to safe my back.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The last couple of years we have been buying North Face triclimate jackets for our kids. They are a shell with a zip-in insulated layer (fleece or primaloft type) so you can wear them separately or together to cover a wide range of weather conditions. The shells are also useful as summer rainwear. They have sleeve pockets too.

This kind of thing:
http://www.exploreoutdoors.co.uk/the-north-face-boy-s-kikori-rain-triclimate-jacket-t0cn62.html?gclid=CLvujoP0jsUCFa_LtAod6RgAWA
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:
Also as we were going at Easter the girls were roasting in normal ski jackets.

Not sure getting a softshell jacket helps in that regard. The fleece liner would provide similar warmth properties to that of the loft in a ski jacket I would imagine. I have a softshell that I cycle to work in. I use it for warmth in spring/autumn when there isn't much rain about but it's quite cold.

We just layer up/down to compensate for the weather.

We've been using Surfanic ski jackets for a while now (adults and children). Lots of features, including a pocket on the lower left arm for the ski pass, and good prices.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well we have just ordered one each for the girls of a Dare2B Racket (in pink of course as my girls are pink obsessed Sad ) for £14.99 inc delivery. Fingers crossed, they will come through OK and be what we are hoping. At that price though we can't go too far wrong.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I completely agree that at that price you can't lose really; they should be good spring / autumn casual jackets too I hope.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
They have arrived and are just what I was after. Thanks everyone for your help.
ski holidays
I suppose it depends on how old the kids are and what type of riding they're doing. I personally wouldn't put my daughter in anything tech wise that I wouldn't be happy wearing as she's skiing in the same conditions I am. I've found it quite hard to find good kids gear with a reasonable waterproof and breathability rating, she's currently wearing Colour Wear gear which is holding up well and I've heard good things about Picture gear aswell.
snow conditions
NickyJ wrote:
Seriously lifting a 5yr old so that her pass is high enough for the sensor wasn't one of my better ideas.... Next time I fished it out of her pocket to safe my back.

We just put our daughters in her inside pocket, never had any issues with height, at least in the 3v's
ski holidays
We were in St Anton - the button lift on the nursery slope was fine, but when we took her up the Nasserien gondola that was when we found the sensors were too high for it to be on the inside pocket of a 5yr olds jacket.
snow report
@francium., These new jackets are basically the same as the jacket me and hubby were wearing but our girls were roasting in thick ski jackets, seriously it was 21degrees.

We are using these in addition to the regular ski jackets so for those days where the clouds come in and the wind picks up they can use those.
snow report
I tend not to buy jackets with a lot of insulation but prefer to layer up and down, when I was away in March and it was scorching we both tended to just wear a technical tshirt under our jackets although if it's hot enough we tend just to ride in a technical hoodie with a tshirt underneath.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy