Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grindelwald: Touring-ski hire options for Dynafit (Pin/Tech) style bindings?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

We're off Ski touring around the Oberland next week. Looking forward to nosing around the glaciers up there, having only previously seen the Aletsch Glacier from a distance - during a day to Bettmeralp. Pretty impressive sight, so really looking forward to getting up close and personal Smile

However, struggling to find anywhere renting touring skis using pin/tech bindings in Grindelwald. Graf sports offer Fritschi bindings, though having the boots would prefer to avoid the extra weight.

Anyone with any thoughts, suggestions or inside knowledge on Grindelwald?

If not in Grindelwald, what about interlarken? Tour operator has suggest vertical sport - waiting to hear back from them...

Cheers
Simon
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Most of the Area uses Intersport, try some of the other shop in the area https://www.intersportrent.com/en/ch/skirental-grindelwald
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is Kaufmann as well or give the Salewa shop a call. There is a lady there who is super helpful, they're not that busy and would almost certainly know. A lot of shops don't like to rent pins for legal liability reasons.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks 22. Interesting comment re liability issues, I'd always assumed it was just a more limited market. Are pins that much more dangerous? Or is that a whole new thread already well debated elsewhere!

Yes, just got confirmation from the Salewa shop. Happily now all sorted, looking forward to the tour now Smile

Just in case it's useful to anyone searching in future their contact details were....
SALEWA Mountainshop Grindelwald
Dorfstrasse 118
3818 Grindelwald
Tel. 033 853 0967
Fax: 033 853 0968
Mail: store.grindelwald@salewa.ch
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Glad you got sorted. Very jealous of your trip, it's on my list but, to answer your other question I am laid up post ACL replacement after a slow-mo mistake on Dynafits. Not more dangerous, just less forgiving. I am changing to Kingpins at the first opportunity although I confess that might just be a placebo in reality.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Maybe you can try at Tony Wyss ski shop in kleine scheidegg
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
22 dropout wrote:
.....I am changing to Kingpins at the first opportunity although I confess that might just be a placebo in reality.

If you think that Kingpins offer additional safety then you're mistaken.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@spyderjon, please elaborate. I am on a serious quest for improved release on a technical binding.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy