Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grand Massif

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got back from skiing the Grand Massif....snow conditions are really very good for this early in the season. All resorts had cover right down to the bottom so no need to ride the gondolas down. All the link were open, although the high runs between Les Carroz and Flaine had a few stones on them. All in all a very prominsing start to the season. New Years Eve was a washout and the rain was doing some damage to the lower slopes but I bet it dumped lots on lovely snow up on the top (can't say as the lifts shut because of the high winds!)

Anyone heading out that way can look forward to some great skiing.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Excellent, I'm headed out there on 8th Jan Very Happy ! Will post update to this thread when I get back. Webcams look great, but continuing my nightly snowdance.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowshine wrote:
..... but continuing my nightly snowdance.

It was probably your fault we had to give up the last afternoon then! Keep dancing there was a bit of fresh most days we were there so you must be doing something right.. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep, keep dancing people. i'm heading out there next wednesday!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
molipix, welcome to snowHeads!

See you on the piste - I'll be wearing my Snowheads hat and falling over a lot Embarassed!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My family have just returned from the Les Carroz and condiions are excellent, I was there just before xmas and it was excellent, since this time it has snowed quite a bit. Most of the runs are on grass and don't need loads of snow. Looking at the forecast you are lucky enough to have sunshine! If it doesn't snow for the next week you will be very lucky! BLUE SKY GREAT SNOW!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just got back from Les Carroz tonight, absolutely knackered so this may be short! Four days of great skiing (by my standard anyway). Snow was good all over the Grand Massif but best runs were in Les Carroz and Flaine. Morillon was also good but the Marvel (green) run there is starting to get a bit on the thin side. Still good conditions as at this morning but it does need more snow now.

NorthWestFace, you're right, most of the runs on grass so very skiable (just about all the runs on the Les Carroz and Morillon side are open, as are all the lifts apart from one or two. Flaine is a bit more rocky but good snow coverage there means most of the runs appeared to open (that was on Wednesday).

Can't wait to go again next year, would recommend it to anyone. But keep it a secret wink!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy