Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another where to stay - Tignes, Val Claret, or Val D'Isere?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The season's coming to a close in the GM this weekend but we thought we might try and grab a couple of days next week in the Espace Killy. The thing is I've never been and wondered which resort would be best to stay in this late in the season - Tignes, Val Claret, or Val D'Isere?
If it makes a difference we're pretty good piste skiers but not really fussed about off-piste unless the snow's good.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wouldn't make much odds. It's easy enough to get from one to the other.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As its raining today I would opt for the extra 300m and stay in Val Claret - the lower runs into Val D are starting to deteriorate rapidly (did them this morning). There may be more life in Tignes Le Lac though at the same level.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For resort runs (especially in late season) Tignes wins hands down. The runs down to Val D at La Daille and to the main resort tend to be a bit more difficult/limited overall than those back to Tignes.

This is exacerbated in late season slush/mush conditions - when some lower runs to La Daille and back down from Solaise area can be narrow/closed; and the Face black run can be a gruelling slushfest bump run.

The runs back to Tignes (Val Claret and Le Lac) and are, in my opinion, just a lot more pleasurable.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Third vote for Val Claret - it may not be as pretty as Val d'Isere but the convenience means it's my preferred location in the Espace Killy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the feedback, we've booked Tignes for a couple of days this weekend. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
we've booked Tignes for a couple of days this weekend
You're gonna love it Very Happy! Here's a suggested on piste itinerary that would keep you entertained without leaving the Tignes slopes:

If staying in Val Claret:
- Head up Tichot Chair and, from there, work your way round to the slopes above Les Brevieres at Aiguille Percee. (A slight diversion up the slow Col des Ves Chair is worth it in good snow as there are good itinerary/unpisted runs up there.)
- Ski down to Les Boisses/Tignes 1800 and/or to Les Brevieres.
- Back up from Les Brevieres - but not back up to Aiguille Percee. Ski down to Tignes le Lac instead.
- Up the big gondola out of Le Lac to Toviere.
- Ski down towards Val D to bottom of Tommeuses Chair (NB. This is still in Tignes area/covered by Tignes lift pass).
- Back up to top of Toviere.
- Ski down to funicular station in Val Claret.
- Take funicular up to Grande Motte Glacier.
- Up cable car to top of Grande Motte.
- Ski to bottom of glacier - blue run(s) to skiers right are generally much quieter than the red home run alternative.
- Arrive back in Val Claret.

If staying in Le Lac:
- Head up Palafour Chair and join the above route there.

Further tip:
- From either Val Claret or Le Lac, the outer reaches of Val D (ie above Le Fornet - great glacier snow and quiet runs) can be reached in about 40 mins lift riding time (6 or 7 lifts) plus about 40-60 mins skiing, depending on your speed.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@mountainaddict, You're a star, thank you. copied to my phone.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Glad to assist 897sma! But have to say the forecast may be not looking too great for the weekend. Hope you can manage to make the best of it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy