Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thomas Cook Flight for next April ---???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any one know when Thomas Cook release their flights for early April 2016

Specifically Manchester -Innsbruck.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Check Neilson holidays to Austria flying from Manchester, will give a rough idea.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was weighing up flights for end of Jan/beginning Feb and Thomas Cook came up on the Skyscanner search I did. That was a couple of weeks ago. Don't know how far forward they went from that.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
TC have released flights today for April.

£409 a head, man-inn 2nd - 9th April inc baggage etc. ouch!! Shocked

Thomson charter is £349 a head.

I'm sure they just put a high price up initially to punish/ catch the keen early bookers.

Austrian airlines do a sat to sat direct weekly charter that some tour operators are using,but I can't see anyway of booking this?

Flights on the Austrian airlines website are all non direct scheduled flights.

Why don't Austrian hotels do Sunday to Sunday bookings Evil or Very Mad I could then use monarch or easyjet at half the price.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@hedley, no idea where you are planning to go or what DIY you are planning... but a holiday with Neilson using the same flight came in at £13xx for a week in Mayrhofen. Strangely it was the only holiday in Austria available flying from Manchester with Neilson, I'm guessing they're securing contracts/deals with other properties. If you wanted to hold out I reckon could get a week with Neilson for 2 people for not much more than the price you've been quoted for flight only for that week.

That time of the season you'll find some hotels that offer Sunday to Sunday. I found they're pretty flexible, especially as it's quite quiet that late in the season. Some might not be taking bookings a year in advance though.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@hammerite, I'm going back to Obergurgl, which is still popular at that time of year due to the altitude.

Accommodation is sorted ,I just need a reasonable flight. wink

I might be wrong but the airlines are trying it on to get the keen skiers/ early bookers to book at extortionate prices.

Hopefully they will come down??

Still trying to suss out how to get on that Austrian airlines Charter ??
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@hedley, Yes, you are probably right. I think Thomas Cook are probably not wanting DIY customers so they can flog more places on their package holidays.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So I have mailed the hotel and they have now given me a Sunday to Sunday option, which opens up some more options.

Monarch have not released their Manchester dates for 3 -10th April 2015 yet but their half term flights to Innsbruck are currently 600 each rolling eyes

I'm sure Easy Jet used to fly from the Northwest to Innsbruck? I can only seem to find Bristol and Gatwick on their timetables??
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@hedley, Just returned from Obergurgl we flew Manchester-Munich with Lufthansa granted at a guess it's roughly twice the distance but enjoyed flying with 'a proper airline' i.e. a variety of flight times, ski carriage included, good luggage allowance, to a lesser extent food and booze on the plane. Found the drive very straight forward and scenic. Paid £170 each but booked in Feb.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
b]@Bene[/b], Approx how long did it take you?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@hedley, On the way there we took the scenic route over the Fern pass it took about 3 hrs 15 mins. on the way back we went on the autobahn past Innsbruck then headed up north to Munich. It took less than 3 hours.

I kind of just conceed that I loose a day travelling wherever I'm headed as its also 2.5 to 3 hours from home to Manchester. We got the 1540hrs flight back which allowed us to get up have a leisurely breakfast and get underway. I find with budget airlines it's us ally stupid o'clock yoy have to get up, which I guess might suit some as you get home earlier.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Bene, it's sounds like a plan wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy