Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

le floralp combloux france

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all fellow snowheads, I recently posted a topic regarding the resort of Combloux, that I admit I had not heard of, received loads of brilliant advice (thanks to all previous contributors) and have decided this is the place for us and a few other families next feb half term. have narrowed the accommodation down to the apartment complex of le floralp, but would be interested if any other snowheads have experience of this place, as I would appreciate any unbiased reviews regarding position and mainly the layout of the various size apartments, 10/7/5 and 4 person apartments as all are on our radar!!!
cheers
terry
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@terrygasson, no knowledge of the apartments but in terms of location, will you have cars to get up to the ski area in the mornings?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@pam w, yes some will have cars if need be, but have been told it is fairly close to the free shuttle stop and also the small drag that takes you up to main lift area for those who have skied before.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

fairly close to the free shuttle stop

Hmm. Fairly close. If that's the shuttle which goes up the main (ish) road from the village it's about 1km, looking at Google Maps, which is more than I'd want to walk in ski boots a couple of times a day. It's about half that to the small drag but as I mentioned before when I was in Combloux in March that drag looked unusable - basically grass and mud, so although it would probably be OK in February, it's not 100% reliable. It would also be quite a hike into Combloux Centre, in the evening. I don't want to sound discouraging - Combloux is a lovely village and the views from the ski area are stunning. But I think I'd want to be in the village centre, near a shuttle stop, or up at the base of the ski area itself, if I wasn't planning to commute daily by car (which wouldn't be a problem, there's a big car park).

But maybe there's another shuttle which goes closer to the apartments - I'd get absolute chapter and verse if I were you, on the precise distance.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy