Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help, can't decide!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
my family and I are planning our third ski trip, having previously been to Livigno the last 2 half terms. We are wanting to drive next year to keep the costs down and would like to return to Italy. We love Livigno but are looking to try somewhere else as one of my sons is a reluctant skier and we have run out of easy blues in Livigno. I have been looking at Cervinia, la thuile, Sestriere and other resorts in the west side of Italy, but I have tied myself up in knots trying to decide which would be the best resort for us. We love the town of Livigno and it's great value for money so we are looking for something similar but I'm just not getting excited about any of the resorts we are looking at. Has anyone been to these resorts who can give me an idea of how they all compare Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cervinia has lots of easy runs - i.e. motorway skiing (dearer than Livigno due to the height and access to Zermatt)

(not been to the others...)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@loulou_falk, I have skied in all three though only stayed n La Thuile.Firstly the chances are pretty good that you will enjoy any one of them so I wouldn't get too tied up in knots. I don't remember too much about Sestrieres blue run skiing though . Cervinia and La Thuile both have excellent blues together with a good solid snow record. Both can beexposed to the wind but La Thuile has a bit more below the trees. In my opinion it has the more varied and interesting skiing and is a bit closer to drive too but I.m pretty sure that any would do you well.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Unless Sestriere has changed since I was there a few years, it's very short on blue runs.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Been to La thuile and Cervinia although I stayed in valtournoche which was a lot cheaper and had a great run down to the main gondola up.
If you go to La thuile you can also ski courmeyeur (sp) which is a nice little resort as well.

valtour/cervinia would have my money of the places mentioned
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi - my vote would DEFFO be Cervinia compared with Sestriere - think you will have much more fun there and the scenery is much more epic. Also as said above you could perhaps nail a bit of time in Zermatt on too.

Haven't been to La Thuile so no opinion on it...........all the best wherever you end up Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pleased to say I've skied them all and love the area. Stayed in Courmayer which allowed a pretty easy drive around the various resorts. The nice thing is that you can link into France and Switzerland from this area. Question is your reluctant skier. La Thuille links easily to La Rosiere for an easy ski over. Most of it is a schuss down an easy trail and long buttons back. Took a reluctant skier from La Ros to La Thuille and he loved it. I was staying in La Ros though. Stayed in La Ros but not La Thuile but enjoyed visiting there many times. Stayed in Cervinia but the ski to Zermatt is not as easy. Isn't France easier to drive to though?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy