Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Le Grand Bournand / Le Chinaillon

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

For various reasons we missed this season but are avidly looking for somewhere for Xmas 2015.

Le Grand Bournand / Le Chinaillon have been mentioned and, as some may know, we are confident "blue" skiers but not progressed much further.

Looking at the Piste Map this area looks fine for us.

We also have a non-skier (SWMBO) with us.

We are looking for recommendations for either catered or self catering accom in these areas. Ski in/out preferable with the wife being able to walk in/out too.

The only catered chalet we could find is http://www.chaletdor.co.uk/ but that is stuck up the mountain and we are concerned that wifey would be "stuck" in that area.

Any ideas please?

Ta

Gary
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's a very 'French' place, and I don't think there are too many catered chalets as you might find in a more Brit-dominated resort. You might have more luck searching for the usual residences popular with French families. Chinaillon would be a better place to stay than the main town of LGB in my opinion, as access to the best pistes is better from there via Gettiers or Floria chairlifts. I always found the gondola up from the main town a bit of a drag, and the "home run" over that side is usually overcrowded, with poor snow, and not very enjoyable.

Ski in/out sounds challenging. I'm afraid you might have to walk across a road of a morning.

How about this: http://www.cgh-residences.com/hiver/residence/residence-le-village-de-lessy.html
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
La Ferme de Florent is a lovely catered chalet by the foot of the slopes. Its run by an English couple and they get loads of repeat visitors. If its catered you're after I dont think you can beat it.Aravisholidays manage lots of self catering appartments and are English speaking and very helpful. CGH manage the Village de Lessy which are very well appointed and centrally located appartments with pool, sauna, gym and wellness centre. For closeness to slopes and nice views I would suggest staying in Chinaillon rather than LGB. We spend quite a lot of time there so happy to help further if needed.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chinaillon certainly has a fair number of self catering options - we've stayed in quite a few of them.
Ski in/out is possible for some with the right amount of snow but that tends to mean they're less than ideal for access to the village. The Outalays area has a number of these.

Here's an example: http://www.homeaway.co.uk/p71063

The Village de Lessy apartments are ideal for access to the shops, bars and restaurants and only a short walk to the foot of Floria/Chatelet lifts. These are generally less generous for space from our experience.

We've found a new favourite chalet (but we've already booked it for Xmas NehNeh ) but we're happy using the car to get around too.

We love the area and have been going there as a family and with friends for six years now.

If you find somewhere you like the look of post it here and we we'll chip in
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@MazDave, - Intrigued - where is your new favourite?!!! or can't you reveal?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@loatie, It's directly opposite the little petrol station - adjacent to the timber mill - newly done and HUGE inside - great open plan kitchen, dining and lounge. Sensibly priced too.

You back next Christmas?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
MazDave- I can picture it exactly. We may well be out over Christmas if our daughter gets her wish! She's currently teaching in dubai and missed her snow fix this year so there is a chance we can tie up her Christmas break 2015 with a trip to lgb. Lots of logistics to get through though! Will be great to catch up with you if we all coincide. Hope family are well.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy