Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helmet Cam

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As a not very good skiier/boarder I haven't yet experimented with a Go-Pro, but as I have one already I abve thought about wearing it. However as someone who falls over occasionally still, is it likely to be dangerous (i.e. on impact)?

Presumably a fixed mount is more stable, but I'm slightly worried about the effect on impact..so I have a head strap that could go over the top of a helmet...however they tend to move around a bit! So has anyone tried the head strap and would you recommend it or not bother?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I wouldn't bother.

Even with the restraint in, it will still come off in a really hard impact.

I wore mine most of the time on my trip this year, using the standard curved adhesive mount taht came with it, and although I didn't fall often, I had no worries about doing so with it mounted.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have mine stuck to the front of my helmet (matron) and have fallen over with it on numerous occasions. In fact those are some of the best shots according to my mates!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ok cool...I guess I need a helmet now too Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Don't bother with head strap, or any kind of helmet mount. Not because of safety or something similar, but simply, because it's most boring useless shoot anyway. Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Don't bother with head strap, or any kind of helmet mount. Not because of safety or something similar, but simply, because it's most boring useless shoot anyway.

+1
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well head mounts aren't much use for boarding what with standing sideways and all.

Siiers use them, mostly helmet mounted, although that's a fashion thing. I doubt you will find any "stability" difference. I'll not a big fan of the footage,, but it is what it is.

On page you need o know what's behind you, which makes for a lot of editing for helmet footage.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
With any good go pro footage the key is lots and lots of different angles and when your editing it keep the clips short. Have a look at the vids on the go pro website of the skiing stuff.

Try and get as creative as you can.With the mount locations. On the ski looking up at you, on your boot etc. That's the joy of a go pro is if you think of a place to mount it you probably can. Have fun with it
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As above, head mount is useless unless filming someone in front of you for short bursts.
I prefer pole mount.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy