Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rockfall on N90 road and Railway into Savoie resorts, La Plagne Les Arcs Val Tignes expect delays

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The main route into the valley was closed by a rockfall just outside Moutier, the road is now open using a single track side road. Lorries and Coaches are banned and the rail route closed!

Imagine if this had happened on a transfer Saturday.

Report here (In French but Google translate does a reasonable job)

http://www.ledauphine.com/savoie/2015/04/08/moutiers-apres-les-eboulements-l-etat-de-catastrophe-naturelle-demandee

http://www.ledauphine.com/savoie/2015/04/08/moutiers-ca-coince-sur-la-rn90[list=][/list]

See @chocksaway post below for Eurostar disruption and road updates...

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 8-04-15 20:41; edited 6 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
wow love the pictures some rock fall, good job no one in the way !!!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@livetoski, Yep and if irc the cliff sides are a fair distance away from the road at that point!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@boredsurfin, There was a rockfall on transfer day 28th Feb this year. Guys from our Chalet were stuck on a coach for 12 hours.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks like a rock roll, straight down the side through the hut and into the crash barrier, not a vertical one dropping like the proverbial stone!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
They're doing a lot of work on the valley sides just there - I assume they're planning on widening the road? Was it anything to do with that I wonder, although looks like rock fell from other side
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Boris, Exactly. They have been worried about these slopes being unstable for some years on the Scandi Cocktail side of the road - hence the work to create a road on the other side of the Isere - which is where the diversion now is. That said - perhaps if they were blasting..... They are saying the road may not be clear for Saturday (eeeeeek!) and the railway will take some time to repair so it might be a mad scramble from Bourg and Aime for Mouiters to catch the Eurostars at the weekend. I'm not sure how they will manage the rush at the weekend as some of the trains stay in Bourg for the day - as there is little room at Moutiers it may involve a trip to Albertville where there are a few sidings. Much more to come I think.
Looks like buses are now allowed - but not articulated lorries.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think it is 3 years now since a rockfall on the opposite side to Scandi Cocktail during the construction works.

A 'rock' flattened a Transit van whilst another flattened a 360 machine. The machine is still there covered by tarpaulins. Thankfully no reports of a casualties.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
From Eurostar website:

French Alps Ski Train 9095 and 9099 on 11 April 2015 (Updated 08 April at 19.00)

Unfortunately, we have been made aware that due to a rock fall/land slip between Bourg St Maurice and Moûtiers, the return journey from the French Alps on 11 April will need to operate as follows:

Train 9095 will not be departing from Bourg St Maurice, but from Moûtiers.

There will be buses departing from Bourg St Maurice, however the journey time from Bourg St Maurice to Moutiers is estimated at 2 hours so customers will need to be at Bourg St Maurice station by 07.30, or make your own way to Moûtiers where the train will depart at 10.11 local time.

Security and immigration checks will take place in Lille Europe and will mean that the arrival in the UK will be up to 2 hours later than scheduled.

Train 9099 will not be departing from Bourg St Maurice, but from Moûtiers.

There will be buses departing from Bourg St Maurice, however the journey time from Bourg St Maurice to Moutiers is estimated at 2 hours so customers will need to be at Bourg St Maurice station by 19.30, or make your own way to Moûtiers where the train will depart at 22.58 local time.

This may also mean that your arrival in the UK will be up to an hour later than scheduled.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
But the good news is the road reopened in both directions at 2115 tonight - so hopefully the bus journey from station to station won't take 2 hours....
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Latest information from Eurostar is that bus will take an hour.

"Train 9095 will not be departing from Bourg St Maurice, but from Moûtiers.

There will be buses departing from Bourg St Maurice, however the journey time from Bourg St Maurice to Moutiers is estimated at 1 hour so customers will need to be at Bourg St Maurice station by 08.00, or make your own way to Moûtiers where the train will depart at 10.11 local time.

Security and immigration checks will take place in Lille Europe and will mean that the arrival in the UK will be up to 2 hours later than scheduled"

The rock is still blocking the track meaning no TGVs into and out of Bourg this weekend. Could be a bit of chaos on the roads with all the rail traffic diverted to the main road. But not the busiest change over weekend of the season.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You can get a bit of an idea of what happened from this Google Maps image.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@45.49125,6.5470031,794m/data=!3m1!1e3

Any idea what time it happened as I think i heard it from Aigueblanche?

Sorry, I cannot get the full URL to be recognised so you might have to cut and paste.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy