Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Club Med for 10 year old "experts"

Poster: A snowHead
A Quick one for those with direct experience of CM
Our parents are offering to take us to Cervinia Next year, Myself, the wife and our daughters who will be 10 at that stage. The trip will be mid March, so outside mainstream school holidays
The girls are both very experienced (for 10), race in the UK and are happy with (near) off piste, black moguls etc.
My question is wether CM will allow them into adult guiding / lessons along with us, or are they likley to be herded into kids lessons? I know they will go mental if that is the case!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@martinperry, the top ESF groups for kids can be a lot of fun - fast and furious. Lots of French 10 year olds are pretty smart skiers.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pam - Thanks - was more worried about "compulsion" if they find themselves in a group below their level (V few kids around that week I would guess), And also, Grandma wants to ski with them, but is neurotic that it has to be "guided" (For herself - not the Cherubs!!)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We were in Cervinia in Feb and there weren't any advanced options for kids. We had to take my lad out after Day 1 and have him ski with the adult group, which was only possible as we were a big group from a ski club at home. He was bored rigid in ski school, and the instructors apologised that they didn't have a higher group for him to join. But they didn't refund the fees though! It was take it or leave it.

He's currently having a ball with ESF and had progressed so much this year. I don't know what the Italians do, but they certainly don't cater for kids skiing the way the French do.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just come back this week and the reps and others said the place would not be open next year,the building is rented each year from another company and they are not renewing next season might be hearsay and gossip between staff but worth checking first.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Pending wrote:
We were in Cervinia in Feb and there weren't any advanced options for kids. We had to take my lad out after Day 1 and have him ski with the adult group, which was only possible as we were a big group from a ski club at home. He was bored rigid in ski school, and the instructors apologised that they didn't have a higher group for him to join. But they didn't refund the fees though! It was take it or leave it.

He's currently having a ball with ESF and had progressed so much this year. I don't know what the Italians do, but they certainly don't cater for kids skiing the way the French do.

Thanks - Out of interest, how big was your "big" group to allow presumably exclusive guiding?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OK, Thanks for the tips.
Looking like Italy a no no then.
Has anyone been able to get good under 11s in on thier adult groups in other CM destinations, or is it very much "kids club or nowt??" (bearing in mind this is not school holiday)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We weren't using local guides at all, we were a group of over 30 from the ski club with 4 of our own leaders. I was lucky the leaders were happy for me to take him with me, and in fairness even in the fastest adult group he was one of the first down each time.

If I'd booked into a local group myself I'd have been truly stuck!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@martinperry, not Club Med, but Jnr skied in our group a few years back when we were in Arabba - he would have been 11 then. There was only us 3 and one other person though.

If you don't go to Italy, will you end up in a French CM destination? If so will Pam's original comment now stand with them possibly being able to ski in an advanced kids group?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@martinperry, it may be more expensive but wouldn't it be better to book them private lessons?

Also, at 10 my siblings and I as were my wife and hers, were off skiing by ourselves.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
martinperry wrote:
OK, Thanks for the tips.
Looking like Italy a no no then.
Has anyone been able to get good under 11s in on thier adult groups in other CM destinations, or is it very much "kids club or nowt??" (bearing in mind this is not school holiday)

No idea about Club Med, but generally I think it is more than an ability thing, it's a social thing too. My 7 year old could probably out-ski many "expert" holidaymakers, but doesn't mean you'd necessarily want him in your adult lesson group! wink
To the point above, it would seem quite surprising that there would not be a ski lesson which includes the local kids; probably it is much the same in Europe but here a lot of the 10 year old local kids ski like most visitors never will. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

My 7 year old could probably out-ski many "expert" holidaymakers, but doesn't mean you'd necessarily want him in your adult lesson group!

or that he'd want to be with a lot of boring adults rather than other kids.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Indeed Cool
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@martinperry,

If you are who I think you are; come and have a chat....
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
See you Saturday!
Should it not be "Seat simon" these days??
latest report
martinperry wrote:
See you Saturday!
Should it not be "Seat simon" these days??

Indeed; Are the girls planning to race Sunday?
ski holidays
@pam w, the correct identifier for the group of pre-teens you were referring to is 'Atomic Bomber Kids' This nomenclature was created by my lovely partner after she had been crashed into yet again by the group of French 6 year olds - all wearing helmets, sunglasses and with Atomic skis - that were haring all over the place with little or no regard to anyone's safety - including their own.
latest report
No - being dragged to a horse show by their aunty - will be at school training on sat though
ski holidays
@martinperry, yes they have advanced tuition for kids and no they cannot join the adults at aged 10. I will inbox you.
latest report
Thanks for all the help
Weve settled on Tignes, so hopefully the ESF set up will cater for them at least in the morning so they are knackered and don't terrorize grandma too much in the afternoon
snow report
lots of very good ski schools in Tignes and some excellent UK instructors there.
snow conditions
martinperry wrote:
Thanks for all the help
Weve settled on Tignes, so hopefully the ESF set up will cater for them at least in the morning so they are knackered and don't terrorize grandma too much in the afternoon

One of the guys at Hemel sometimes works in Tignes; I can put you in contact if you like. Chat Saturday.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy