Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Miquel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have not had a reply/acknowledgment to either of the two emails I have sent to Ski Miquel in the past two weeks at info@miquelhols.co.uk

I'm trying to book a group holiday in Saalbach for 2016 and I am not impressed with their lack of response.

Does anyone have any experience of this company and, in particular, if they are reliable?

Also, has any Snowhead stayed at their Saalbach chalet and able to give a brief report of their experience?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Mr Marmot, I too have felt disappointed in the past with the emailing back malarkey (or lack of). I just called them to speak on the phone when I wanted serious information and to book. The chap did seem a bit diddery and I thought to myself then, oh what am I letting myself in for, but actually everything was superbly arranged with no hiccups throughout the whole process. Nice hotel, reasonable location, good staff in resort and service, couldn't complain and the price was good. No complaints either from neighbouring chalets.

Wasn't Saalbach though-sorry, but I know what you mean about the email contact. Not saying it's right but you are better off just phoning them up.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I had a good experience with Ski Miquel this year, organising a group holiday. The booking process was pretty smooth, particularly when I rang them.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think the Saalbach manager left mid way through this season, havent seen her around since mid Feb. Location is OK, its on the main road towards Hinterglemm, around 5 mins walk from the Schattberg Xpress. Never used them myself, but people generally seem to like them and I dont hear many grumbles round resort.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you @ VolklAttivS5, Sugarmoma666 & landlockedpirate for your comments and advice.

Shame about Ski Miquel not answering emails. I've found the advent of email to be a godsend. I much prefer them to telephone conversations - people can deal with emails at their own convenience and there is always a written record of what was said and agreed!

I wonder why Ski Miquel even include an email address on their web site, if they can't cope with them?

Is anyone aware of any other catered chalets in Saalbach (not Hinterglem) that can handle 14+ guests?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I ran groups through Ski Miguel a couple of times. All experienced but pretty unfussy skiers.
The first time, there were a few rough edges that I thought could be easily smoothed out so in good faith I reported back the opinions of the group and booked for the following year.
The second time we ran groups on 2 consecutive weeks. But, all the same rough edges were there (absolutely nothing that we'd fed back had been addressed!) plus we were treated to an extra layer of disorganisation to the degree of ineptitude.

They blamed their bad service on the loss, short notice, of their resort rep whom they had just sacked and replaced with the barman - who had had absolutely no training. Poor dear was totally out of his depth. But snowHeads are a helpful lot and to his credit, he took all our advice the first week and was much better the 2nd but still, he was prone to lying to his bosses, blaming their guests, to cover his own butt - not a very endearing trait.
The thing is though, all the truly serious issues were actually caused by mistakes at HQ.
In all, we were overcharged substantially for some really stupid stuff.

Now, I deal with a lot of hotels and operators and mistakes can happen on either side: it's no big deal (although there were some real corkers here!) so I contacted them for what I assumed would be a routine matter of correcting the errors. Their response was, in effect "We think we've given you a very good deal, you should be more grateful".
Rather gobsmacked but still assuming this was just a bad attitude from one member of staff (albeit a very high ranking member of staff), I contacted the owner whose attitude was that he was happy to sort it out... if I was prepared to commit to using them again next year! Shocked

I pointed out that he had this the wrong way round: that it is how he chooses to resolve the problems that determines whether I wish to use him again and with an attitude like that, I certainly don't.
He proceeded to tell me how many years he'd been in business and insisted this was proof that he was doing it right rolling eyes

While Ski Miguel can be OK for a couple grabbing a cheap n cheerful late deal, I'd recommend against using them for a group (obviously) but if you do use them for a group, I suggest you check their invoice thoroughly then pay by cheque or bank transfer rather than card or you may find yourself in a similar position, being charged, after the fact, for things that simply weren't ordered.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks everyone for your comments.

I'll take Admin's advice and find something else for our group!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Same experience - cannot be bothered to answer emails and their website is useless - actually their old one was tons more informative. Do not even bother to look at them now.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy