Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is it with the snowboarder's group mentality?

Poster: A snowHead
Don Keebles wrote:
Like eddie alluded to, it doesn't matter if they're stationary or not, the skiier/boarder will be at fault.

you've referred to the stationary person and then said its their fault?

don't pick up on spelling mistakes or auto correction mistakes. It makes you look like some sort of angry internet warrior.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

U try to make a point but can't even spell.

Quote:

Ill repeat
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thicko
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Haha, the gang are back. Hit and run abuse, sad. Eddie, it's not my fault that u picked up on something completely in your own imagination. Read and re-read what I said and you'll find that I was agreeing with u. But like so many people today, their rage and bias completely obscure what's actually there, like some sort of cyber hate mob, and misrepresent what someone else is trying to say. And Flange, I get the impression that you're scared to put your head above the parapet? U wait in the wings for someone else to say something, then jump in after. Am I right?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
flangesax wrote:
thicko
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
flangesax wrote:
thicko
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Probably the silliest 'middle of the piste' thing I ever saw was on the Face de Bellevarde at Val d'Isere. I caught a bump awkwardly, nearly went over, *just* caught myself but carried along on the ol' train tracks for a while until I managed to stop myself about two inches from a French lady who hissed something at me about not knowing what I was doing.

She was stood, in the middle of the Face de Bellevarde, making a phone call.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don Keebles wrote:
Haha, the gang are back. Hit and run abuse, sad. Eddie, it's not my fault that u picked up on something completely in your own imagination. Read and re-read what I said and you'll find that I was agreeing with u. But like so many people today, their rage and bias completely obscure what's actually there, like some sort of cyber hate mob, and misrepresent what someone else is trying to say. And Flange, I get the impression that you're scared to put your head above the parapet? U wait in the wings for someone else to say something, then jump in after. Am I right?

As you're saying you agreed with what I said then obviously I've miss read your message. I just find the way you structure sentences a little difficult to follow that's all.

not sure about the whole cyber hate mob, rage, bias and misrepresentation thing though. Seems a bit harsh....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yeah, prob a bit harsh. Apologies.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Obviously any one person's experience is unrepresentative, but in the last 3-4 years I have seen much less of this 'Is he dead? What other reason could there be for a boarder to be lying down in the middle of the piste?' effect. What I've suffered much more from - at least 2-3 times each trip - is stationary skiers deciding to launch themselves from a group at the edge, across the piste, just as I go past, without taking a glance uphill. They seem to be taking the view that it's the uphill skiers job to avoid people as they move downhill: Which is fine, but in their case requiring people to bend the Laws of Physics to avoid collision.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I love u man
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boarders have become more aware in recent years - I don't see them huddled so much on the downside of a piste jump. But I agree - if you hit ANYONE underneath you it is 99.9% your fault. Just the same as driving into the back of another vehicle, the police will rip you to bits for this - so I don't see the difference. If you have to make emergency direction changes to avoid stationary lift-pass holders - then you are skiing/boarding faster than your ability - END OF.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Tue 7-04-15 17:29; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Also, I once fell *extremely hard* in the middle of a piste and as I laid on the ground wondering what was broken (nothing) and pretty much unable to breathe, a skier whipped past me as close as he could shouting 'get out of the f*cking way, idiot!'.

Because, you know, as a snowboarder on the ground I'm obviously doing something wrong. I definitely don't need any help or anything, nope. Obviously I should have teleported to the side of the piste immediately, but quite apart from the intense pain, inability to adequately respire, and paralysis - I had also landed somehow on my actual bum *hole*, what felt like my anus crashing at 100mph into a concrete stalagmite, and quite honestly I wasn't sure that I hadn't shat myself.

I hadn't. Well, not much.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mr Pieholeo wrote:
Also, I once fell *extremely hard* in the middle of a piste and as I laid on the ground wondering what was broken (nothing) and pretty much unable to breathe, a skier whipped past me as close as he could shouting 'get out of the f*cking way, idiot!'.

Because, you know, as a snowboarder on the ground I'm obviously doing something wrong. I definitely don't need any help or anything, nope. Obviously I should have teleported to the side of the piste immediately, but quite apart from the intense pain, inability to adequately respire, and paralysis - I had also landed somehow on my actual bum *hole*, what felt like my anus crashing at 100mph into a concrete stalagmite, and quite honestly I wasn't sure that I hadn't shat myself.

I hadn't. Well, not much.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mountain Users Responsibility Code Extract :

Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
ski holidays
Quote:

Why do groups of boarders slide half way down a run then stop and sit down as a group in the middle of the piste. admittedly I've done some of my best sharp turns avoiding these idiots but the joke is wearing thin.
And what's the collective noun for snowboarders?

For some of u who seem to have gone a bit off topic
ski holidays
{People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.}

It is and I have, but I still think it's common sense for you - skier or boarder - to look uphill before you launch yourself onto a busy piste.
latest report
FIS rule number 5 covers entering or leaving a piste. Basically says what @msej449 does above, when a skier is entering a piste or moving off after stopping, they have to look up the piste to ensure they are not going to be endangering others, eg by pulling out right in front of somebody heading down.

Plenty of people on the piste who could really do with looking up the rules if they haven't before, or having another look if he they have already seen them...
snow report
This thread is trolling gold. I'm stupider through having (skim) read it. ( contemplates taking carve board to EOSB as apparently there is race day on schedule).
snow report
If you can't avoid a few snowboarders in the middle of a piste you're clearly a bit sh*t, I go away most years with the snowboard club uk and I see very few people stop in the middle of the piste. Skiers however especially ones being taught by esf love stopping on the inside of blind bends, across the entire piste in a line, in blind dips and on the exit ramp of chairlifts.
snow report
I think you are all missing the point. @Don Keebles, is just a bit thick... you know, stupid... or as they say in the good ol' U.S of A a 'dumb ass'.
He is however, a marvelous troll and is producing a jolly nice thread based on the argumentative skills of DG...
snow conditions
My friends don't stop at the side of the piste (they ski). It is embarrassing. I blame not having had proper big group lessons when they were younger and getting shouted at if they didn't stop at the side.
ski holidays
So, skiers think snowboarders do it; snowboarders think skiers do it.

Confirmation bias. Look it up.

A final logical point that needs making, is that 'stopped' is just a special case of 'going slowly'. You can consider anyone 'stopped', as being merely 'someone going extremely slowly'. If you're saying out loud "I cannot avoid slow-moving traffic, and I ride unthinkingly into blind dips and blind bends with no idea what's there, and without the stopping distance nor ability to avoid a collision, and frankly it's the slow moving person who should not be there in the first place", then you need to have a quiet word with yourself. Move to the side while you do it, there's a good sport.
ski holidays
Don Keebles sounds like the kind of joyless funny fellow who shouts at skateboarders and "cuff's" random 11 year olds for skateboarding. What a sad pathetic little man.
ski holidays
francium. wrote:
...especially ones being taught by esf love stopping on the inside of blind bends, across the entire piste in a line, in blind dips and on the exit ramp of chairlifts.

Actually skiers in those ESF promoted "snakes" are a real pain in some places. If only they'd stop and sit down then it would be easy to pass them safely. I blame the parents, and I'd still fine them for taking their kids out of the school I'm paying for.
ski holidays
Haha, I can just imagine some of u lot in the playground (u know who u are). Just because someone has a different opinion, u all gang up and make hit and run heckles because u know u can run and hide. Pathetic? Moi? Don't think so. I bet some of u are congratulating yourselves on being able to abuse, then disappear. Playground bullies, too scared to say it like it is and be different. If u were to stick to the main topic, the guy asked a question. Some people tried to answer it, some people use it as an excuse to be nasty. So...'Why do groups of boarders slide half way down a run then stop and sit down as a group in the middle of the piste?' Is the questioner imagining it? Are the trolls on here calling him a liar? Are they 'idiots?' I think some of u have just confirmed it.
snow conditions
Quote:

based on the argumentative skills of DG...

Not another sock
latest report
....probably rolling eyes

@Don Keebles, your answer has been provided and explained countless ways loads of times; by myself, others, skiers and boarders.
The boarders are just as likely to be skiers (although the skiers will be standing). Nobody should stop in the middle of a piste, whether a skier or boarder. So whoever does this is not aware of or does not follow the FIS guidlines.

As for all that other rubbish... I'm not hiding behind anything and I still think you are either incredibly stupid or a decent....
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Flange, u seem at great pains to call me stupid. I suspect I'm not the only one you've levelled this at. This smells of deep rooted insecurity about your own intellect. If u could just stay on topic, maybe even answer the original questioner, I might be able to muster a modicum of respect for u. But sadly u hide behind others when they post things, never once addressing the original claim. Have u ever had any good ideas of your own I wonder? Keep posting your cartoons, keep hijacking other peoples' comments, and above all, get a mirror.
snow conditions
The OP got bored and wandered off ages ago - probably when Admin moved the tread from an area of the forum he frequented to 'Snowboarding' where us lot lurk
snow conditions
Well yes. As BobG was daft enough to post in the wrong forum it's perhaps not surprising he couldn't find his dribble here. Or perhaps his mum took her computer back.

I doubt these people would be quite so anti-social face to face; somehow I doubt you could grow up that way.
latest report
@Don Keebles, I'm a little bit confused... firstly it really did not pain me to call you stupid but I did also commend you on your trolling skills!
Secondly, I very rarely offer my opinion on someone's intellect; this is an exception (so feel lucky)!
Thirdly, I'm clever innit.
Fourthly, I have answered the OP's question.

"The sitting and kneeling is irrelevant. It has to be done.
The middle of the piste is bad practice; just like skiers."

I posted this before you even turned up!
I'm not sure which comments I've hijacked (other than quoting myself).

I'm quite happy with myself at the moment but thank you for the critique. i had a great idea once; to put a 'y' and a 'o' before the letter 'u' to make sure I can spell good and that....

Can you open a new thread so we can blurt on a load of rubbish about a new subject?
snow report
Flange. 2614 posts? I think u have too much time on your hands. And of those posts, you're not sure which threads you've hijacked or how many peoples' backs you've ridden? Haha, I'm not surprised! I'm no troll, no self-respecting troll has only 80 posts to their name...or is it quality over quantity? U clearly go for the latter. No mate, if u do your research, you'll find no trolling from me in any threads, just honest answers to legitimate questions as I see them. Here's to reading your next 2000 posts zzzzz.
latest report
Quote:

Flange. 2614 posts?

Still makes me a newbie around here!

Don, I'm really not too sure what you are trying to achieve; or what you are trying to get me to achieve.
I've just laid down the facts a few times in this thread. The OP was answered countless times by many people, in agreement. You are just having a lovely troll and I have a bit of time on my hands this afternoon to respond... There is no need to try to get narky and a little messy as there really is no point. I'm not hiding my identity or myself as you have claimed, heck I bet you wouldn't have turned down the free holidays I offer to snowHead 's for the competition and raffles based on my hijacked threads or ridden backs (whatever that is supposed to mean). So please continue if you wish to embarrass yourself as this thread doesn't make you look very pretty.
snow report
Careful there @flangesax, DG will be after your tax returns.
snow report
Very Happy Smile Very Happy
snow report
Tiresome troll is tiresome. The thing I'm taking away from this thread is there is a lot of decent people around these parts who clearly know it is both boarders and skiers who do the stupid stopping in the middle of the piste thing. You know who you all are. Now ban the troll please.
snow report
Quote:

Tiresome troll is tiresome. The thing I'm taking away from this thread is there is a lot of decent people around these parts who clearly know it is both boarders and skiers who do the stupid stopping in the middle of the piste thing. You know who you all are. Now ban the troll please.

Ban the troll?? Haha, you've shown your true colours! Ban me by all means, it'll say more about people like u and this site if u do.
ski holidays
Y O U
snow conditions
@BobG, done good Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy