Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

seeking recommendations for eating out in Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
With the EOSB nearly here I'm hoping for some recommendations for 'cheap and cheerful' ( ok, I know it's relative) eating places both on the mountain and in resort.
cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In previous years Snowheads have had discount in Le Marine restaurant off Cascades lift on Dalles run. And the cheapest food is at Val Burger in town beside Malasia night club but it's just a take away place but super cheap day and night. Most people on EoSB tend to take turns cooking and eat out once or twice. There are a few good pizza places in and around shopping center. There are many Savoyard restaurants with fondue, raclette etc and not too bad prices. You can also eat at O'Xalays 2 Michelin star restaurant, Admin usually gets a good deal on a set menu one night during the week.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks @speachmaus, any other reasonable mountain huts ?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Les Saints Peres is good if you like pizzas and a little bit of Savoie cheese.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chalet du Thorens aka fork n knife aka 360, have a great noodle bar and pancake/waffle place on terrace with average prices, inside is a bit more expensive, Caribou and Les 2 Lac are nice but again average mountain prices. The cheapest option is ski back to Val Burger or show your Snowhead card and get 10% off at Marine, that's presuming we get the same offer this year. Admin will send group text with any such offers.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@nickH, I'm sure I can show you a few. wink I found a great one when I did the EOSB the year before last. I can't remember the name but the rabbit in mustard sauce was excellent, followed by Myrtle tart. Madeye-Smiley It's down towards Les Menuire and we did it after doing the Lac de Lou off-piste run. It can be reached by piste easily too but sometimes the runs are getting a bit bare down there. I'll see if I can't find the name.

The EOSB is also an opportunity to have a reunion ski with you and kooky. Shame that my son won't be there though.

Edit: The restaurant mentioned above is the Chalet des 2 Ours in the Boismint area below Val T.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks everyone, notes being taken!
Hi @geepee, I look forward to that ski, though I suspect if kooky is involved it might have to involve a drink as well snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy