Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First time Italy, first time Easter

Poster: A snowHead
Arrived today in La Villa, weather looking good next few days, they appear to have moved the snow around well on the runs to village, albeit seems like lifts will be shutting down during the week.
Let's see what these new adventures bring after years of January in France and Austria
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Relax and enjoy. Get an early start for the best snow (or stay high) but make the most of the Italian relaxed lunch. Which can go on for some considerable time
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@sev112, try to head over to Arabba via Corvara - you'll find some good snow on the north facing slopes under the Portovescoco lifts
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We did the Marmolada glacier Friday, and snow was excellent from top to bottom pre 14.00. People seemed to ski early and eat late, but only lift closures were with the wind Going green Going green Going green
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't like Italy
There are no snowboarders, there are no lunatic skiers about to cut me up, I'm not getting ripped off in the huts, the Lifties smile and say hello. In fact there is no-one on the pistes, this is clearly dangerous. This is unlike any skiing holiday I have ever known. It snowed and the sun came out too!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I LOVE ITALY Smile Smile Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@sev112, Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sev112 wrote:
I don't like Italy
There are no snowboarders, there are no lunatic skiers about to cut me up, I'm not getting ripped off in the huts, the Lifties smile and say hello. In fact there is no-one on the pistes, this is clearly dangerous. This is unlike any skiing holiday I have ever known. It snowed and the sun came out too!

I hate Italy for the same reasons. snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I hate Italy because they charge 1 euro for an espresso. A lasagne lunch can cost as much as a 2 coffees in France. What a cheek.
Hate it Hate it. Going back for third time this year to hate it some more. Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Welcome to snowHeads @damo, snowHead

I hate Italy because all the food I get seems to have flavour in it and at the prices they charge I'm sure it can't be very good.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@sev112, I had the best food in my entire life at a small mountain restaurant below Col Raiser in the area above St Christina/Ortesi. Most beautiful scenery in the world, food, drink, shots, cup of tea, for the outrageous price of 13e. Then skied 10km+ down to Ortesi past frozen waterfalls and snow gleaming like diamonds in the sunshine.

Can't for the life of me understand why I want to go back there!!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oh, and I really missed the British students with mid-Atlantic accents ("And I was so like ...") and no volume control
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Today's revelation.
Apparently Pork Spare Ribs are massive and have meat on them!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh and Prune schnapps are miles better than Pear schnapps
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If someone tells me that I am only allowed to go to one ski domain ever again, on or near the Sella Ronda will be it. Toofy Grin
snow report
damo wrote:
I hate Italy because they charge 1 euro for an espresso.

I suspect I was well ripped of in Italy, my espresso was 1.2 Euro.
ski holidays
I was charged 1€30 once Evil or Very Mad

It was quite a posh caff though Confused
snow report
Cafe Corretto 1.4 Euro. First ordered it on my first morning skiing in Italy at about 10.45am not having a clue what it actually was Smile

Won't find me in France again unless someone else is paying.
latest report
I particularly dislike the made to order wafer thin pizzas topped with fresh ingredients... Have they never heard of deep pan??
My partner once was given strawberry risotto as a dish of the day! Imagine mixing main course with dessert! Heathens.
snow report
I hate Italy too, I dont know why anyone would want to go there!

Ciao Bella!
latest report
Che le fermata d'autobus qui vicino?
snow report
Oh yes and the way the hotels trick you with those lush buffets that you fill up on like it's dinner then they turn up with your starter except they call it a "Primi Piatti" as an excuse to turn it into your whole dinner again before they bring your actual dinner... and after all that they still expect U to have a dessert!
Italy rolling eyes
snow report
@admin, I saw Arabba on the bash list - any other places in despicable Italy that are on the radar for the future?
ski holidays
Not only do the Italians charge unbelievable prices for there coffee, they also make it from some sort of roasted bean and not proper dried rat poo-poo like the French.

It's going to take one hell of a good deal to get me back to Livigno.
latest report
Didnt seem right the barman was happy smiling and cracking jokes and selling us reasonably priced beer - after ten trips to france . wots going on !!ITALY FOR ME
ski holidays
Yes I absolutely hate the decent and charming people with their positive not too bothered about anything attitude to life (which generally means they feck off to the bars after lunch leaving me to hoover up the empty pistes)

I also absolutely hate the abundance of good and varied wines
snow report
Funnily enough all the above comments re prices could easily apply to the Ski Amade region, which I found to be cheaper than the Dolomites for food and drink.
snow report
@jimmybog, but, imho, the food in the Dolomites is of better quality.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Prune schnapps are miles better than Pear schnapps

must keep you regular
ski holidays
Hurtle wrote:
@jimmybog, but, imho, the food in the Dolomites is of better quality.

Fair point. I rarely eat anything during the day so cant really compare the food quality in the mountain huts. Evening meals in the hotels have been of similar quality in both Austria and Italy though. Yet to experience poor food quality in either country. Would go back to either SKi Amade region or Dolomites in an instance, though Dolomites would be my first choice still!!
snow report
Did Les Arcs in Jan for the first time and back to Selva in March- spent most of the week in Selva comparing it to France and how crap it was compared to the Dolomites! - I think we'll stick to Italy for both our trips next year! Very Happy
snow report
Why do the Italians in the Dolomites insist on constantly working to keep the pistes in perfect condition? Surely they know that we all enjoy hitting bumps at the bottom of red runs when we are travelling at speed - especially annoying for beginners who look forward to that extra challenge at the end of the day when their legs are like jelly! Vive la France Puzzled
snow report
Stop Press : today's revelations ...
Tall tales of Italien financial irregularities

Picked up mine and mrs sev112's skis from servicing :
Me : how much .In some vague attempt at German Italian
Ski service guy : two tens
I give him a 20 Euro note
He says, No, 10 and 2
So I give him a 10 and start looking for change and he says : No 10 is Ok
!!!!??? This is astonishing, many more financial mismanagement like this and we'll have another Greece on our hands

Then at the cafe on the mountain, when mrs sev112 went to the ladies' room and tried to pay for our drinks, the Italian waitress pointed out that I had already paid, rather than accepting payment, again.

Terrible terrible behaviour - this is not what tourists expect on holidays
ski holidays
@admin,

Can we change the title of this thread to the more appropriate "I hate Italy because ...."
ski holidays
sev112 wrote:
Then at the cafe on the mountain, when mrs sev112 went to the ladies' room and tried to pay for our drinks, the Italian waitress pointed out that I had already paid, rather than accepting payment, again.

Why was your wife paying for drinks in the toilets Puzzled
snow report
@sev112,
Quote:

Stop Press : today's revelations ...
Tall tales of Italien financial irregularities

We were climbing in the Pala Dolomites during the summer and my son bought a rucksack in san martino di castrozza. On leaving the shop he was stopped by the finance police and asked to show his receipt. While driving around we even noticed a coach of finance police. It appears tax and VAT fraud is still a big problem in Italy and indeed
Quote:

This is astonishing, many more financial mismanagement like this and we'll have another Greece on our hands

may be close to the truth. Incidently I believe that, by law, you are required to retain your receipt when leaving a restaurant in Italy.
ski holidays
Does that mean i must look in the bin for my receipts , been back for three weeks and no ones asked to see them Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy