Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St. Anton buy ski boots?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I've managed to arrange a 6 day trip next Tuesday to St. Anton. Never been there before. It's all very last minute and I don't have any ski boots. I have brand new skis and bindings (not yet mounted). So I'm thinking of buying in St. Anton. I have very wide feet, so need a shop that will stock a decent range and preferably have a good boot fitter, and be willing also to mount my bindings. Any suggestions?

While I'm here, any other suggestions for a first-timer to St. Anton? I'm a good skier, but don't get to ski very much any more. Love powder.

Cheers,
Tom
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jennewein near Galzigbahn
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@doddles, See Jeff or a Roland at Jennewein near Galzigbahn great boot fitters.......also some great deals currently.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the suggestions. Maybe I'll contact them through the web site in advance to make an appointment. I'll arrive in St. Anton around 1pm on Tuesday, and would like to get boots and skis set up for an early start on Wednesday.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Markymark29 wrote:
@doddles, See Jeff or a Roland at Jennewein near Galzigbahn great boot fitters.......also some great deals currently.

+1 for Roland and Jeff. For all round knowledge of skis and boots, and willingness to go the extra mile, Jurgen at their other shop at Nassereinbahn.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@doddles, you wont need an appointment I don't think, the guys are on it all day long!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SkiWest ski shop just up the hill from the roundabout at Galzigbahn. See Markkus, prices are better than the high street. wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Agree with all the above - Ski West is a great shop, Jennewein is a bigger shop and also good. Jennewein has the biggest range, but I'd certainly have a chat with Ski West first. No need for an appointment at either place, certainly not this time of year. With the current exchange rate I think buying out there right now is a good plan, and you might get a discount too this late in the season.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fantastic advice - thanks everyone! Looking forward to the next few days. If any if you are in St. Anton and want to meet for some skiing and/or a beer or three, let me know.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@doddles, I think you have timed this trip to perfection. From the weather reports and web cams it looks like the best conditions of the season right now! Have fun Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Head over to Lech and get yourself some custom fit Strolz boots, especially if you have awkward feet.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pending wrote:
Head over to Lech and get yourself some custom fit Strolz boots, especially if you have awkward feet.

And plenty of €s Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jennewein also do foam liners and cheaper than Strolz. Not only that, but you have a wide range of shell choices.

Strolz tends to go for big shells and fills the void with foam. It means that they do not need to be so precise and there is less chance of needing to tweak the boots after fitting. The downside is that they pack out fairly quickly - around 50 - 80 ski days.

I guess it depends on what you want from a ski boot.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Writing this sat at the bar at the top of the Rendlbahn. A great days skiing. Covered most of the pistes on St. Anton, and got some nice powder on the north facing descents to Stuben.

Marcus at Ski West fixed me up with some Salomons Impact CS 110 boots. He suggested I ski a day, then go back to have them stretched where necessary. He also mounted my bindings free of charge. Very happy. Thanks again for the advice.

Lots of snow, but getting warm. I'll get the ski bus to Lech/Sure tomorrow.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy