Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crazy French guy Leo Taillefer in Val d'Isere short video!

Poster: A snowHead
This guy's nuts! Cool, but nuts.........

http://freeskier.com/videos/leo-taillefer-sends-one-creative-lines-season-new-gopro-pov
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I admire his lack of Faff at the start and his 'alert' sound is alot better than pole clicking Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Full on parrot Cool
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Amazeballs
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Taillefer is Be Nice please! nuts!! That gap is HUGE!

BUT I think it's in actually Italy - judging by the title of the video rather than what the mag says wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Valle perdu, below tommeusse down to la daille, val d isere.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hang on a minute - he comes out of the La Daille Gondola skis at speed across a dangerous crossing (scene of a death 2 years ago and marked properly). He then shows no regard for the other skiers/riders actually clipping somebody's skis. The guy is a very good skier but a dangerous tool (to adopt the term from another thread). Yet again Go Pro is responsible for encouraging reckless behaviour on the slopes.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spotters
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
chocksaway wrote:
Hang on a minute - he comes out of the La Daille Gondola skis at speed across a dangerous crossing (scene of a death 2 years ago and marked properly). He then shows no regard for the other skiers/riders actually clipping somebody's skis. The guy is a very good skier but a dangerous tool (to adopt the term from another thread). Yet again Go Pro is responsible for encouraging reckless behaviour on the slopes.

It's all staged dude
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ajdetpwm wrote:
Valle perdu, below tommeusse down to la daille, val d isere.

Ok, my mistake. The title of the youtube video does say Italy though!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@clarky999, Whilst the bit in the valley may have been staged - the bit on the open piste wasn't. Additionally there are many entrances to that valley where a random skier could have become involved. I will leave it to a the wise counsel of sH to judge.

Nevertheless - this will 'inspire' a certain generation to act recklessly - if any kid is found splattered over those rocks this season Go Pro could well be cited in any case in court. A simple 'do not try this - it was performed under controlled conditions by an extreme skier' would help.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@chocksaway, I'm pretty sure that it stated it was staged when originally posted - for sure all of the landings and take offs had been prepared etc, he didn't just go and do it.

I guess a disclaimer wouldn't be a bad idea and inline with other industries... But it's VERY sad if we've got to the stage where it's necessary and people can't work that out for themselves!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Honestly, Jean Vuarnet was classier

http://youtube.com/v/d1p0UZAt4mc
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@davidof, very very cool find, and an exceptional post !
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@davidof, that's awesome!!
snow conditions
Great vid of Vuarnet.

Taillefer doing an homage it would seem.
snow report
Mike Pow wrote:
Great vid of Vuarnet.

Taillefer doing an homage it would seem.

Seemed like that from some of the lines.
ski holidays
@davidof,

I thought that might have been DG.

Lace up boots and no helmet.
ski holidays
Wow. Shocked Whatever length were those skis???
latest report
odd how we have some people who are determined to be outraged.
so taxing to be annoyed at others perceived misdeeds.. that said the fact he is French really had me thinking he was a banker right from the start Smile
snow report
@mugen, As you are obviously having a pop at me - pop over and visit the Tignes thread where I post every day - I am becoming increasingly aware of the reckless disregard that some skiers/riders have for others - ignoring the piste rules and generally endangering others. I have covered this a number of times through the seasons. I am sure that there are many reasons for this - ski schools who concentrate on technique alone and not enforcing slope discipline (cos that would involve being a pain right??), the narcissistic qualities of the FB generation where a photo or video is more important than enjoying the moment yourself, modern equipment that allows people to go to places that previously who have involve hard won experience, the nanny state at home in the UK where risk assessment is not taught to kids as no-one is allowed to have an accident thanks to ambulance chasing lawyers etc etc.

I may have a different perspective to many people who are not luck enough to ski everyday of a season - but if your wife or your child are killed by some hooligan teenager trying to copy idiot go pro footage then don't come back here looking for sympathy.
snow conditions
chocksaway wrote:
@mugen, As you are obviously having a pop at me - pop over and visit the Tignes thread where I post every day - I am becoming increasingly aware of the reckless disregard that some skiers/riders have for others - ignoring the piste rules and generally endangering others. I have covered this a number of times through the seasons. I am sure that there are many reasons for this - ski schools who concentrate on technique alone and not enforcing slope discipline (cos that would involve being a pain right??), the narcissistic qualities of the FB generation where a photo or video is more important than enjoying the moment yourself, modern equipment that allows people to go to places that previously who have involve hard won experience, the nanny state at home in the UK where risk assessment is not taught to kids as no-one is allowed to have an accident thanks to ambulance chasing lawyers etc etc.

I may have a different perspective to many people who are not luck enough to ski everyday of a season - but if your wife or your child are killed by some hooligan teenager trying to copy idiot go pro footage then don't come back here looking for sympathy.

dear telegraph reader.

you really are getting things out of perspective. should be ban everything that may cause someone to do something dangerous..
snow report
@mugen, Thank you for proving you are an utter troll.
snow report
chocksaway wrote:
@mugen, Thank you for proving you are an utter troll.

good morning and your welcome sir
snow report
Quote:

- if any kid is found splattered over those rocks this season Go Pro could well be cited in any case in court.

WALOS wink would they also call up the ski manufacturer and the resort owner and the guy who drives the mini bus, or are you saying gopro's have mind bending powers
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy