Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes or Espace Killy Lift Pass?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are off to Tignes Val Claret from April 11-18. Never having skied that late before I am very worried about the snow conditions but hoping they will be ok.

My question is, at this time of the year, what would be the better lift pass option? If conditions aren't great would it be wiser to go for the local pass? We are a family of 4 on our 4th ski trip. The children are in ski school for the morning and we will ski together in the afternoon.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would go for the full pass - then you will have the option of both glaciers (not sure if you have the time with your timetable) - but also if the kids are young you will have access to the green triangle. NB there is a discount for families of 4 where you just pay for 4 kids tickets saving the €104. See www.tignes-skipass.com (the official site)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's a no brainer, adult 6 days EK is 260 Euros, Val D' is 250 Euros!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mjmoran8, I'd always go for the full pass in Espace Killy - it's hardly any more expensive, and the area is really easy to move around so it's really nice to have the option of going wherever you want. It's not one of those linked areas where it's a bit of a mission to get to the other bit and you have to start early and organise yourself - it's very well integrated.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Only one lift up from Val Claret to get over into a big area of blue and green runs around the Borsat and Grand Pre lifts on the Val d'Isere side. I spent a lot of time up around there on my first ever ski trip, which was in a warm early April week, and remember it having some of the best snow. So definitely go for the full Espace Killy pass.

If you want to get up to the Pissaillas Glacier (Val d'Isere) in search of good snow, and don't fancy skiing all the way there from Tignes, the shuttle bus service from La Daille to Le Fornet is a very fast and efficient alternative, and there are options to download from the upper slopes to the bottom of the valley in La Daille, Val d'Isere centre and Le Fornet if you don't want to tackle the trickier lower runs in poor snow.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

I am very worried about the snow conditions

Don't be. To be honest, that's just plain daft.

It'll probably be spring conditions of firm/icy in the morning, slushy in the afternoon, but full winter conditions are equally possible and full snow cover is as certain as it can possibly be.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stevomcd wrote:

Don't be. To be honest, that's just plain daft.

It'll probably be spring conditions of firm/icy in the morning, slushy in the afternoon, but full winter conditions are equally possible and full snow cover is as certain as it can possibly be.

True it will be fine- we have very often skied til the end of April in EK and always had plenty of snow and been able to ski down to les Brevieres without difficulty. Le Forent and the Grand Motte will have lots of good snow and its only really the bottom of la Daille that gets to a bit of a slush fest in the afternoon.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I now feel much more assured regarding the weather and will make sure I purchase the EK lift pass.

Only a couple more weeks to go, can't wait!!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Worries on snow conditions up here can now be parked - see Tignes thread. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
Never having skied that late before I am very worried about the snow conditions but hoping they will be ok
Tignes is open for another month after your stay.....But that is the time they usually lay on stuff like mountain biking and archery 'cos there's never any snow left at that time Shocked Skullie .

But really - at least 50% of Espace Killy has been open for our annual May Day bank hol visit every year since 2008. The whole area will be open in mid April Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy . Keep watching the webcams after you come home and you will see that they could easily stay open until Whit if they wanted to.

Pack your factor 50 sunscreen and prepare to be wowed by late season skiing - and tell the kids they can watch out and listen out for emerging marmots on the slopes too!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy