Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Great customer service this morning from... Easyjet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Yesterday evening my partner and I booked Easyjet flights from Glasgow to Geneva and back for skiing next winter, taking advantage of the low prices as they'd just been released by the airline. Just as I pressed "confirm", our glee turned to horror as we both simultaneously realised we'd stupidly selected the return date as the same as the outward one. The £40x2 flight change fee would almost have been as expensive as just booking new return flights outright...

However, phoned Easyjet customer services this morning and explained that we'd been numpties. The lady on the phone immediately changed the flight time to the correct week and waived the fee... I didn't even need to ask.

So, credit where it's due, thanks Easyjet. And, will double check all the details extra carefully before clicking "confirm" next time!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You lucky bgr. I got stung by BA for £600 (£150 each) a few years back as I selected the wrong month. I spotted it the same day but they couldn't give a damn. Sickening. Glad commonsense reigned supreme for you.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@denfinella, nice.

Must say when I've been stupid I've always found them very helpful.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nice to hear a positive easyjet story. snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

+1 Arrived too late for a flight - put on the next one, no charge. geneva airport badly disrupted by snow - no flights - brother-in-law offered either a hotel in Geneva overnight or a flight to a different UK airport, later in the day.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
we missed a bus connection on a transfer once. We were sat on the bus wondering what our fate would be (£ wise) when I got a text off a SH saying "bummer my flight was delayed". We got to the airport and the plane and passengers were still sat on the Tarmac - found an Easy Jet person and after a couple of phone calls we were allowed to board. Airport doors to take off in 20 mins.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
always found EJ to be helpful. missed a flight from LTN once due to traffic and the guy at customer service desk put us on the next flight (if we bought him a coffee! he was joking but we bought him one anyway for being so helpful). we've also loaded the hold with baby gear when the kids were small. they took 2 car seats, 2 buggies and a baby cot for free as they're considered essentials by EJ. RyanAir would charge for each and every item.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ryanair Shocked once bent over backwards to get us on a flight home from Memmingen when, after mega traffic problems, we arrived an age after check in had closed. Luckily, the flight was delayed.Fantastic service nonetheless.

And hilariously (though not at the time) I somehow once booked Newcastle to Geneva easyjet flights where the homeward leg was also....Newcastle to Geneva Embarassed Laughing. I have absolutely no idea how I managed that one. Didn't spot the error for months - until fellow travellers, who had booked the same trip separately - mentioned a completely different return time. Fortunately it was low season and I only had to pay the amendment fee, with no fare increase.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name wrote:

Same here, I had booked one large sports equipment and one hold luggage for a flight and for various reasons didn't have a proper case for the hold luggage so my sports equipment ended up weighing 40kg and the hold bag 12kg. I was within the total weigh allowance but the sports equipment was too heavy, I tried looking for a bigger case at the airport but the cheapest was €100, the checkin staff then let me take some smaller bags out of my sports equipment bag and check in 4 bags in total for no extra charge, very, very nice of them.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I feel cheated now you've all had this great customer service for being stupid (your words not mine)! I was taking mum to the airport and we had a puncture. Easyjet has a policy of allowing changes up to 2 hours before the plane takes off, so I called them 8 minutes before the 2 hour cut off, got put on hold, and then got told that it was too late as it had taken more than 8 minutes for me to actually speak to someone! Mum lost the cost of the flight and had to rebook a whole new flight which was of course more expensive as it was last minute!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've had a couple of good experiences. Once when I misspelt my name and it was changed at no cost, once when I arrived really late at Zurich and was rushed through check-in, even though the handling agent had officially stopped check-ins for the flight. Both a few years back.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@miranda, I do agree that it takes them an absurd length of time to answer the phone.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@pam w, yes, and I did suggest there must be some record on the system that I had made the call before the cut off period but, nope, sorry, computer says I'm speaking to you less than 2h before the flight takes off so there's nothing I can do… anyway, a lesson learnt in terms of having a proper spare wheel and not one that can only be driven at a snail's pace. But I was a bit pissed off with Easyjet as it was bloody expensive for mum to rebook because they were slow to answer!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@miranda, that's very unlucky and annoying. For me someone picked up after two rings - but that was probably because I called on the dot of 8am when the lines open. I appreciate you didn't have that choice.

@bambionskiis, £600!!! Crying or Very sad

It's good to see so many other positive stories though. Important to remember that airline staff are just normal people like you or us, they realise that people make mistakes, and on the whole they'll help out when they can.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
denfinella It's more a 'not-negative' story than a 'positive' one.

They deigned not to screw you despite being legally entitled to do so... yeah, thanks, I'm soooo grateful...

After all it must have been hard for them, think of the expense they've had to suck-up - one call-centre monkey pressing one button
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy