Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Engelberg

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just back from a very tough week with mountain guides. It had not snowed for a month and everything was totally skied out. The off-piste conditions generally were pretty brutal on very hard packed terrain. We skinned for a couple of hours but the only reward was a 5 minute descent in very soft Spring snow followed by an hour long skin out!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Off piste can be a hard this time of year, if you're lucky then spring skiing can be fantastic but it looks like it's been too cold for good firn snow but not enough fresh falling. If you are pre-booked with a guide you're a bit stuffed Sad

Such a shame, Engelberg is a great place!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If there is one thing I've learnt in 24 years of skiing (and counting) at all times of the year it is that you never know what you are going to get. I think my worst trip is when I went on a "boys trip" after missing a year or two and skiing with the kids a year or two. Early January based in La Plagne. It was very cold, generally overcast, not a flake of fresh snow. Grim.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skilegs wrote:
Just back from a very tough week with mountain guides. It had not snowed for a month and everything was totally skied out. The off-piste conditions generally were pretty brutal on very hard packed terrain. We skinned for a couple of hours but the only reward was a 5 minute descent in very soft Spring snow followed by an hour long skin out!

That sounds like the same trip I was on!

If it was, it was still very good in the way the guides made the best of it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Layne wrote:
If there is one thing I've learnt in 24 years of skiing (and counting) at all times of the year it is that you never know what you are going to get. I think my worst trip is when I went on a "boys trip" after missing a year or two and skiing with the kids a year or two. Early January based in La Plagne. It was very cold, generally overcast, not a flake of fresh snow. Grim.

True. Actually, in terms of probability I think late march is actually a better bet than early Jan, at least there's a chance of spring skiing in march.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't think there is a right time.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm a little bit sorry to report that it's snowing in Engelberg this afternoon. Looking forward to my post-Easter blast whatever the conditions.
Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
...and the forecast is looking good too - hoping it won't all melt before Easter. I think it depends as much on what you are expecting....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy