Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wed'eze kids ski kackets (decathlon) - are they any good

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/firstheat-girls-ski-jacket-id_8312400.html

I've seen these on the Decathlon website/ Is the gear fit for purpose as at £12 its pretty cheap. Likely the kids will be skiing next Easter but dont want tp spend a fortune on gear as they are all growing rapidly rolling eyes
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There stuff is pretty decent. Also they do ski pants with a REALLY nice feature, you can shorten the legs. I'll work out which ones they were and post a link.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This stuff
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/evoslide-ski-trousers-child-id_8284031.html

I bought keira a pair of these from their southampton store at £12.99, I will be buying that style again!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@dan100, for mid-January, I might be tempted to go for something more substantial (snow-skirt etc) but for Easter, I would say they'll be fine. Our kids are fully Decathloned up - jackets, pants, gloves, helmets, base layers etc. It's good gear. On the French slopes it is worn by more kids than not, in my experience.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@NickyJ,
I've just got some of those for the mushette in orange. She's very happy with them.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
When I bought them I didn't even realise they had that feature - they were slightly long on her but the best fit left in store / stock as they didn't have huge amounts of choice left. I discovered it when I got home and really pleased. They will be tested in earnest in 17days (not that I am counting or anything Happy)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

On the French slopes it is worn by more kids than not, in my experience

and plenty of adults too. Good stuff. I bought some of those trousers with adjustable length legs for one of my grand-daughters, they seem excellent. I wouldn't go for anything more fancy for January - just add some light layers, merino if the kids will tolerate them (some find them itchy).
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A word of warning - the Decathlon brands are sized for skinny kids. Adults, too. I am a size 10 - 12 and invariably need size L. None of my grandchildren is remotely fat, in fact they are mostly fairly skinny, but I always size up. I just bought a pair of Large tights for cross country skiing and they fit my 37inch hips like a glove. I wouldn't want them any tighter.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've got the adult version of the ski trousers and no complaints at all.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks all
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The jackets are in fact so prevalent on french ski slopes that for kids I try and add some additional obvious colour so I can recognise them more easily!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My experience with all the cheap Decathlon kids stuff is it is not warm enough nor waterproof enough for cold conditions. The last Wed'Ze jacket we bought the tot was around 80 euros. I would love to spend a tenner on a ski jacket but I would suffer soooo much moaning about the cold it wouldn't be worth it. YMMV.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks david. Taking the view it will be Easter and they can layer up if necessary.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dan100 wrote:
Thanks david. Taking the view it will be Easter and they can layer up if necessary.

You might be better be better getting one of the shell jackets, something like this:-

http://www.decathlon.fr/arpenaz-500-light-garcon-rouge-id_8332189.html

then a fleece and undervest. At easter the tot will ski just in his fleece in the afternoon losing the shell.

For me, every expense spared.

My ski touring jacket

http://www.decathlon.fr/veste-ekiden-wind-id_8184388.html

and gloves

http://www.rostaingshop.fr/gants-batiment/gant-travaux-hiver-anti-froid-winterpro.html

8 euros from the local hardware store. Fully waterproof and fleece lined.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy