Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

headcam movie _ background music

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm currently putting together DVD of a week's headcam footage that I'm going to give to the other members of the group I skied with. Its likely to be a bit on the dry side without a music soundtrack (apart from a few juicy bits of conversation while faffing around deciding where to go) so what would be some good tunes to use?

I don't want to start a copyright argument because its not as if I'm going to charge for it or even necessarily include any full albums or tracks, although I'd be quite happy to use music from some of the copyright free sites if anything good on them.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How long is the edit?
What are the cuts like, quick or mainly long?
What are they doing? Long sweeping carving stuff, jumpy poppy mogul runs, park air, trees, falling over?

But when all else fails, 'Yackety Axe'
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you're putting it on vimeo or youtube remember that they are getting better at recognising and disabling any music that infringes copyright. Just browse the commercially available stuff on soundcloud 'til you find something you like and that fits. And then try and edit the cuts to match the song.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm burning DVDs, so YouTube,etc won't be an issue

Most of it is quite laid back long sweeping turns of our snake down the mountain. Some of the cuts are quite long. Sadly not too many amusing "look who's fallen over" moments Smile

Perhaps something dramatic for the unpisted blacks in which the snake down the slope quickly broke up Smile

And need something amusing for the bit where three of us went behind a rock for a yellow snow moment and I forgot to turn of the cam Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Posidrive, I was intending to cut my footage together this year with stuff from an album called 'Sun Structures' by The Temples. Theres some nice tracks on there which would lend themselves to some laid-back riding. But music choice is all about personal taste. First thing I'd do is review your edit of your footage.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
YouTube gives you some music if you "create a video". Some is free, others will stick adverts. But there's a lot there, and there's good options to choose by mood/duration etc.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

If you're putting it on vimeo or youtube remember that they are getting better at recognising and disabling any music that infringes copyright.

In Germany, they disable and block the entire video. Plenty of Creative Commons music sites out there, but most non-German won't use them because it's a whole array of music they'd need to listen to first.

If it's DVD, then of course those blocks are not an issue.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy