Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flying into Nice easter weekend - where to go?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am hoping that, as in the past, you can help us decide on a Southern French Alps decision. We go to Serre Chevalier every April, usually driving. This time, have booked flights to Nice (I know, I know, why not Geneva etc. but limited times and choices that worked for us from Newcastle), but not sure where to go. Party of 4, two children, 8 year old can ski pretty well, 4 is starting. I have dodgy leg post some surgery so need to take it easy and be ready to have non ski days. Piste skiers.

Could still do Serre Chevalier which is great and good being somewhere you know with the kids - bit hard to tell how pistes are? Been wondering about Isola 2000 as snow looks ok, but doesn't really fit our usual desire for somewhere with a bit of a French life and more importantly, look to be a lot of drags which might limit 8yr old adventures and limit 4 yr old to front de neige area - is this right? And if the little one doesn't like it, not much else to do. So, given conditions, Vars? Montgenevre or head up to Maurienne - doesn't seem massively further than Briancon. Other options? Don't mind a bit of a drive as we have 11 days to play with. All help appreciated!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A number of Italian destinations would be feasible, including Cervinia, Via Lattea. I haven't skied in either but reports here on snowheads suggest snow might be better than in much of the French Alps.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the quick reply. Have only been to Sauze/Sestriere etc. when snow was poor but will have another look and maybe at Claviere - you're right, snow does look better. Anyone got info on Claviere and opening times and the Monts De la Lune links openings - I seem to remember looking once and thinking they didn't stay open as long as mid April?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cervinia is definitely open late.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not sure of distance etc but if you can get to Cervinia then I'd definitely recommend it. Snow is fantastic, open late, lovely village with great beginner terrain and loads to progress to.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@bailliesmiths, I would definitely choose Montgenevre that week (although double check snow depths before booking). The Italian parts of the Via Lattea tend to shut down earlier irrespective of snow conditions.

Montgenevre is a really lovely family resort and would have everything you are looking for I think. It is also very good for ski school.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for all this input. Snow depths seem better at Montgenevre than many places - 120cm at village and 160 at top. Looks a bit better than Cervinia other than very high, but realise depths etc. not everything and may be misreading as I branch out beyond Serre Chevalier. Funny how you get comfy with a particular place after starting out as a skier thinking I had to ski everywhere!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There's a cracking Italian restaurant in Beausoleil. Very, very good steaks. And much cheaper than Monaco prices.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy