Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Engelberg

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm heading for a post-season last blast somewhere and for lots of reasons(not least easy travel connections), Engelberg keeps rising to the top of the list.

Just wondered if there are any Snowheads out there at present who can give a prognosis on conditions etc. I've been there before several times and like the place very much.

Thank you, in anticipation.

Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I arrived back from a one week Freshtracks holiday yesterday.

Frankly the conditions at the moment are not good as it has not snowed for over a week, although looking at the latest weather forecast, there should be a decent snowfall this coming mid week.

I assume you enjoy Engelberg as much as I do for the off piste. There is little on the Brunni side at all. There is good snow cover on the Titlis side and it is still possible to ski down to the village. The off piste is all hard packed and some of it can be enjoyable when you can find good hard packed grippy snow. Our mountain guides were excellent at making the best out of what was on offer.

The best conditions we found were on the Steinberg run from the glacier, in the Trubsee bowl and in the valley to the right hand side of the two chairlifts at Trubsee as you go up. We did those routes rather a lot of times last week. The exits at the bottom are getting rather tricky. We were able to ski the Laub earlier in the week which was good, but not later on as we had a very warm night which the guides considered might cause an avalanche risk. We were not able to attempt the Galtiberg because of poor cover lower down and I gather that the traverse which most people do mid way was very icy.

If the snowfall forecast does arrive then conditions could improve dramatically because of the good snow base on the Titlis side, although there will also be the potential danger of fresh snow falling on hard packed snow.

I hope this helps and do ask if you have any more questions.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@richjp, thank you. Shame about the Laub - I love that slope. Anyway, some decent looking snowfall on the webcam overnight and this morning - and the promise of more to come!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy