Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Late season holiday - april 5-6 days, where?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having thought I wasn't going t get a holiday this year, I've now got a small window of opportunity.

I'm in Belgium for an Ice hockey tornament that my son is in until 12th april - I then have some leave from work until 21st -
I've not been following snow conditions at all this year as I didn't think I was going to get away, so i've no idea where may be good.

Idealy somewhere we can head on from belgium - I'm sure we can get a flight from BRU-GVA if it's not driveable.
We did a late season holiday to Avoriaz Last year, so that may be a contender - any other ideas?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@alexl, the weather is very uncertain at the moment but it's been too warm for too long. As things stand I'd head for either the Espace Killy or Val Thorens if I was hoping to ski in France in late April.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@alexl,

Depending where you are in Belgium it might be easier to get the Eurostar to the Tarantaise valley.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1 for VT or EK
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You could get a cheap flight Brussels to Milan and ski Cervinia (open to 3rd May I think).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
10 hour drive from Brussels to Tignes if you keep to the speed limits! By the time you have got to the airport had a faff and then add a 3 hour transfer to Tignes from GVA you will be most of the way in a car.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Espace Killy and Val Thorens are definitely the most snowsure options. Cervinia should still be good as well. You could fly there, but driving to Tignes or to Cervinia actually takes about the same amount of time from where I live in Belgium. (about an hour to the right of Brussels) When driving to Cervinia, it is supposed to be cheaper to take the road over Switzerland and through the Grand -St. Bernard tunnel than the one through France followed up with the Mont Blanc tunnel.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

about an hour to the right of Brussels

going up or going down? wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks guys and gals - I'll look at those 3 - Espace Killy, val thorens and Cervinia. Google maps has them all about the same drive from Brussels so I'll see what I can find
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you were to go for VT then there'd be a hundred or so snowheads there from the 18th on the EosB
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy