Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt 23 -29 Dec

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just returned from Zermatt and had a fabulous time,

It was very very cold down to -33 with a wind chill around -49 degrees on some of the days but stilll managed to brave it for most of the day although several hot chocolates were required to keep the body going.

The people who are regulars to Zermatt at christmas were saying this is the worst snow coverage for 20 years and that it was the coldest as well and with only about 50% of the pistes open I was getting worried, but the pistes that where open were good although hard packed. Even with so few slopes open it is a massive area and we didn't feel that it restricted us skiing.

The lift queues where almost none existant and only about 5 times did we have to wait more than the first Chairlift, bubble or Gondola to get on. Although one to avoid to avoid is the Gondola from Gant to hohtalli and then to the Gornergrat as the first lift seems to take 4 times as many people as the second gondola leaving you stuck at the top of the hohtalli in the cold (white hare not open yet).

Mountain resturants are fanatastic and not as expensive as originally expected.

Went to Cervinia one day simialar problems with the number of pistes open but a lot warmer, had a great pasta lunch in the Chalet Etolia which is just off run 6 above Plan Maison.

Zermatt needs more snow and it looks like it is getting it now and therefore next week more pistes will be open and other freshed up. I am very jealous of anybody going there in the coming weeks as it will be fantatsic.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy