Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Red Bull crashed ice - Has any other members Spectated other Niche Snow Sports?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Endorsement of niche/ upcoming snowsports to help with brand identity?

I have been studying the introduction of Niche Sports being endorsed by Red Bull energy drinks, I just wondered if anyone of the members have also spectated some of these new age sports, twists on current disciplines and what you think these companies are trying to achieve from these endorsements?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not live, but I have watched them on TV. They can be very entertaining.

I think Red Bull (who in effect are really a marketing company with a drink named after it!) have been very clever. Sponsorship of many sports can be extremely expensive. Invent your own discipline, you own the naming rights, yes you have to stump up the cash to put on the event - but some of that is recouped in some ticket sales. It helps that most of the sports/events seem exciting/adrenaline packed and it makes the drink sound exciting/for adrenaline junkies.

Yes Red Bull now sponsor a huge range of traditional sports now, but they almost made their name 20-ish years ago in the events like the flying machine, motorbike/tractor hill climbs, ice racing and so on... I think this helped them to get their name out in a relatively cheap manner - as opposed to what it would cost to rename a couple of football teams and F1 team like they now also do.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes was at crashed ice in Belfast, fun event.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Are we doing your homework for you?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Are we doing your homework for you?

This is part of some ethnographic research I am doing. So no, not homework.. Research. Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
willgreenwork wrote:
... I have been studying the introduction of Niche Sports being endorsed by Red Bull ... what you think these companies are trying to achieve from these endorsements?
I think the people selling sugar water are trying to associate themselves with fit and healthy things, because their product causes obesity and needs all the help it can get, image wise.

They target the younger end of the market as those guys have money to spend and feel immortal. Tobacco is a good example of how successful this model can be. Get 'em hooked before they're smart enough to know what you're up to.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
philwig wrote:
willgreenwork wrote:
... I have been studying the introduction of Niche Sports being endorsed by Red Bull ... what you think these companies are trying to achieve from these endorsements?
I think the people selling sugar water are trying to associate themselves with fit and healthy things, because their product causes obesity and needs all the help it can get, image wise.

They target the younger end of the market as those guys have money to spend and feel immortal. Tobacco is a good example of how successful this model can be. Get 'em hooked before they're smart enough to know what you're up to.

Thats interesting, do you think that because of the sports they're endorsing, that they want just to seem on trend, or that they want the consumers to feel that they could do what they're watching on the screens/ at the events?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Might I suggest reviewing the Drink Water campaign...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy