Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PDS Lunch Recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Luckily I am off to Morzine tomorrow for a long weekend of chilled out skiing and probably a whole lot of lunch in the middle, anyone got recommendations for good places to eat (preferably on the mountain somewhere, we've got dinner worked out for Morzine itself) which are reasonably priced and plenty of food.

Especially interested in good pizza places and the best tartiflette and carbonara on the mountain, always need good hangover food by day 2.

Let me know if there are already 35 different threads on the subject, I didn't find them with the search function.

TIA.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Mistress Panda, there have been various answers to this question but I wouldn't know where to find them either. On the Les Gets side: La Paika on the Vorosses piste, excellent food, not cheap; at the bottom of Chery Nord the Chanterelle; at the top of Mt Chery La Grande Ourse; on the run back down to the Chavannes lifts in LG village on the right hand side is QG; on the left if you leave the piste just after the bottom of the boarder park is Le Lac restaurant; top of the Rosta is Rossitaz; then on Nyon is the Cornette and also Chez Nannon; and the Creperie Atray just by the bottom of the Atray lift.

Hope you have a good time while you are here - its very warm at the moment.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Definitely La Paika
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks. I'm off in a week's time and really appreciate these recommendations too. the more, the merrier!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cornette near Nyon was great last week. We also had an 11.30 coffee stop at Chanterelle and one of the guys got lunch envy looking at the plat du journey being served up to others. Worth considering.

If you get across the Avoriaz side the Abricotine at Brocheux (bottom of French Mosettes) is very good.

Goat Village (Les Lindarets) doesn't do it for me.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As DJL said. We ate at Abricotine a couple of times and found it very pleasant. From the Lindaret bowl take the Lechere lift. At the top go right a hundred yards or so and there are 2 restaurants. Its the one on the right.

Also good was Chez Babeth in Plan Dranse.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Best tartiflette unquestionably Chez Nannon.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cremaillere in Lindarets village reliab'e, especially if you like mushrooms.

Paika worth checking out.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you are in Switzerland we like the Toupin which is near the Grizzli Bear chairlift (not sure of another name) and looks over to the poma and t-bar Ripaille. Usually just stop for coffee or a drink there but when we have eaten it has been good.
Enormous lunch eaten today at the Chanterelle at Chery Nord.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Recommendations for Lindarets, La Terrasse in the Goat Village and Mamos on the main plateau and in Plaine Dranse area for pizzas then either Pierre aux Loups is good and funky but can be slow, and Chez Babeth is very good, entertaining and does pizzas, the back/ upstairs restaurant at Chez Crepy is fab, and the Tane o Marmottes is very good and a bit different, bit quirky, good Savoyard specialties. Bon appetit snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
La Ferme is a nice spot for Lunch - think it is in Lindarets part of Avoriaz as I recall from last year.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Le Grand Pre at the bottom of the Charniaz and Troncs chairs does AMAZING pizza and is a cosy, friendly, unfussy restaurant. Have fun!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy