Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

roadworks on the E52

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm planning on taking this route in a couple of weeks from Salzburg to da Hoff, on Easter Saturday.

Does anyone have a feel for how bad it may be and if the alternative route would be better?

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@JimboS, what time of day?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Will be leaving the airport at 2 to 2.30 in the afternoon.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@JimboS, I'm sure that Samerberg Sue will have the best idea, but I wouldn't expect any problems at that time of the afternoon on the E52 stretch - I won't be far behind you going the other way
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@JimboS, the roadworks are minor and were most likely a day job (Tagesbaustelle) as there were no signs of anything major going on when I drove the A8 through from Salzburg to my home on Saturday.

Be aware that ASFINAG are clamping down on vignette dodgers, they were at the exit slip road at Flachau ALL DAY last Saturday! I've seen them in several locations on changeover days as well as random mid-week days. So for the cost of one French beer ( wink ) it is worth being safe! Also the A12 from Kufstein to Weising (junction 39 the Zillertal turn off) the speed limit is 100km/h and there are fixed and mobile cameras along that section.

@holidayloverxx, there are long term roadworks on the A10 between the last tunnel at Werfen and just beyond the Pongau-Knoten (turn off for St Jo). It has been causing some bad hold ups on heavy traffic days. I dropped off at Golling a couple of weeks back and drove the whole way along the normal roads (via Werfen and Hüttau) getting back on the motorway at Eben. It only added 10 minutes to my journey time.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Samerberg Sue, Thanks!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Samerberg Sue, thanks for the heads up
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Samerberg Sue wrote:

@holidayloverxx, there are long term roadworks on the A10 between the last tunnel at Werfen and just beyond the Pongau-Knoten (turn off for St Jo). It has been causing some bad hold ups on heavy traffic days. I dropped off at Golling a couple of weeks back and drove the whole way along the normal roads (via Werfen and Hüttau) getting back on the motorway at Eben. It only added 10 minutes to my journey time.

Only time it's caused hold ups have IME have been when a wagon or something breaks down in the middle of the roadwork section causing all the traffic to have to funnel in to one lane. Sailed through Salzburg direction no problem the other week, and never had a problem in the opposite direction. Could just have got lucky though.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Sitter, you got lucky - 2 weeks ago the traffic started building up at the first tunnel south of Salzburg. I came off and went over Pass Leug and travelled along the valley road where I could see them crawling along the A10. Last weekend, no problem although choosing to go up the right-hand lane was a poor decision on my part as there was a really slow truck ahead of me, so we crawled up the hill. I switched last minute to the right as there were 4 or 5 coaches ahead of me in the left-hand one, but could not see the slow truck ahead of me in the right-hand one!

Easter Saturday could see a lot of traffic heading south, not necessarily to the slopes but on to Slovenia, Croatia and the Adriatic. The biggest jam-makers will be the caravans and overloaded motor homes heading south for the season. Good Friday is not a holiday in Austria nor many other European countries, so the big migration southwards could well take place on the Saturday
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy