Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

8th April border exit passport checks

Poster: A snowHead
@Oxymoronracing,
Quote:

Conversely went to USA a couple of weeks back and its now finger print and passport scan entry. 15 mins and I was in!

15 minutes is better than it used to be, but still far longer than what I consider should be acceptable.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Report in Saturday's Times newspaper that only 1 in 5 cars will be subjected to passport checks at the tunnel. Plus anyone who buys a ticket on the spot, plus foreign registered cars. So it might not be too bad after all.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My guess is that, even if only in the early days, they will throw quite a lot of manpower at the problem to get themselves off to a smooth start.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Are they going to make any changes to procedure at the airports? No obvious sign of anything at LHR. No new kiosks, building work etc.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think that the passenger information that is collected by the airlines is passed onto Border Force so it is unlikely that there is a need for a physical control as the checks will be electronic.

I really don't understand the problem that some people have with waiting for a few minutes to enter or exit the UK.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
And we all hand in our passports at check-in when we're at the airport.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

very few refugees, etc. littering the place up.

Last time I checked refugees are people not garbage....
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Hurdy, I wasn't aware that they had that in place. Maybe you are right.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
schneeflocke wrote:
Quote:

very few refugees, etc. littering the place up.

Last time I checked refugees are people not garbage....

Not that it was my comment anyway, but it was clearly a figure of speech and not intended to imply that refugees were rubbish. Of course, the residents of Sangatte may have a different view.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@schneeflocke, oh f.f.s.

Shoot them all. Especially the blue clangery ones. I hate Martians.

Especially littering the place, all blue and clangerylike.

@foxtrotzulu, wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx wrote:
Fruity wrote:
https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/advance-passenger-information/ @holidayloverxx, I've been on the phone to them this morning as I have double checked my email and I can confirm that it IS HAPPENING on the 1st April (no joke ha ha) and they will need names, passport numbers and date of expiry of the passport etc in advance! The man says he has no idea why I didn't yet receive an email...

conflicting with Hells Bells comment

hey ho, i'll have a look

Yes I know it conflicted. So I rang to double check and was told the article in the Telegraph was inaccurate. Reminds me to do mine tomorrow!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@foxtrotzulu, I am not clear which residents of Sangatte you refer to ?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@lampbus, Fair question. I was referring to the French ones in houses.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@foxtrotzulu, what about the ones in apartments Puzzled
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@altis, thanks for the heads up. We are travelling on Friday and back on the 8th (booger it but it can't surely be worse than end of Feb half term Evil or Very Mad ). Haven't had any requests for API but will look into it this evening.
latest report
Quote:

I was referring to the French ones in houses.

Do not project your feeling about immigrants on to French citizens please. Keep your prejudice to yourself and I'm now out of this thread because I've had it with middle class racism on Snowheads for the day.
snow conditions
probly unrelated but on my train from Landeck to Zurich last week some sort of Gestapo-esque plod steamed aboard at Buchs (as the train backs in and out of Lichtenstein for whatever reason) and demanded to gawp at my passport.

All very camp and felt like a bad remake of "The Lady Vanishes"
snow report
@schneeflocke, so you're saying the residents of Sangette all loved the immigrant camp on their doorsteps?
ski holidays
Here's a recent government press release about the exit checks being introduced on 8th April:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/operators-ready-for-introduction-of-exit-checks

I think the date has been put back so the operators didn't have to introduce it at one of their busiest times but it seems that some (notably Eurotunnel) have introduced it already.
snow conditions
Just went through passpor control at Eurotunnel uk..no checks and french guy waving prople through
snow report
Our French guy was too busy on his mobile phone to even acknowledge us with anything but a glance and a wave through yesterday.
latest report
https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/mobile/faq/API/ From the 1st, but hardly any effect.
snow report
Perhaps that's because it's not the 8th of April yet!
latest report
@altis, yes...we get it rolling eyes
snow conditions
Get over it @altis, Eurotunnel have implemented it.
snow report
They have implemented API which is only half of it - the easy half. The queues may develop when, from 8th April, they have to reconcile each passenger and their passport with that information. Please stop confusing the issue by providing misinformation.
snow conditions
I beg your pardon? Read the eurotunnel information. I think you will find its been implemented. I also think that as I am now relaxing, in resort with snow falling I couldn't care less!
ski holidays
They started trialling it at Eurotunnel several weeks ago I believe.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We had our passports checked on the way out last Saturday the 28th. The car in front, my sister in laws, didn t get checked...... Fortunately as they discovered their daughters passport had expired!!!! Doh!!!!

Await what they will say when we Rock back up tomorrow!!!!!
ski holidays
@stefoy4me, I suspect there will be a form-filling operation involved and then they will be waved on their way. It delayed us through passport control by probably another 10 minutes at most. (More than I can say for the subsequent 4 hour delay from a train broken down in the tunnel).
After all, there will be plenty of other proof, including her parent's passports that she is entitled to live in the UK.
snow report
Nobody here at eurotunnel, straight onto check-in with no queue, one hour earlier train and parked right outside terminal for coffee and gin stop...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy